Cocos Studio 2 Feedback

Did you try the search field at the top right?
I am from Germany but I don’t think they have region lock for their tools

Thanks , it is life saver. Though in itself it doesnt appear on cocos as such even in sub-categories, but on searching it appears though.

I have fonts in .OTF format and worked fine with LabelTTF in previous version and with Label in cocos2d-x 3.6 as well, but the Cocos Studio editor only have the filter for .TTF and .TTC.

Can be OTF added to filters and enable the outline option? should be already working.

I want to create a project on Cocos Studio 2.2.8 with suppor for Windows Phone Solution, someone can help me?

Use console to make a project. Then make another project from cocos studio, copy studio-related files back to project made in console. And here you go.
But the project made from console will contain all cocos2d sourcecode and after visual studio building it will weight A LOT space (In my case it was 4-5 gigs first time, later reached 8gb).
From the other hand project made from cocos studio is small, because it only contains precompiled cocos2d lib. But it lacks winphone backend project. I don’t know why. I asked about it many times…
Hope this helps.

I know this is off-topic, but I wanted to respond.

The Spine pro license is $249, but the enterprise license $2200 per year for as long as the game/app is available for sale. While a company may have over $500k in revenue, that is not income, and when supporting several employees and paying licensors their fee, available funds for $2200 a year become difficult to come by. If the funds weren’t an issue, then why wouldn’t a company just drop Cocos all together and switch to Unity?

If your company cannot afford 2k per year for a license, you have much bigger problems than that.
A developer costs at least 5k per month!

What I don’t like about it, is it’s subscription character.

Of course the license is based on revenues. The Spine license is an expense. You have to calculate that. Simple as that. But again, the license fee is peanuts compared to other expenses.

Because Cocos is better than Unity in the eyes of some developers?
There are a lot of points like quality, support, Open Source, integration, learning curve, stability and what not.
So what you are saying is this: everyone, who uses a free operating system did it, because of the fact it’s free?
Since when does the amount of a product’s license fee correlate to it’s quality?

If funds are not a problem you might be implementing your own engine anyway.

TO COCOS STUDIO DEVS: Is it fair to say that the return of the armature editor is unlikely?

I create animation using cocostudio v2.3 and load csb using cocos2dx v3.4, i have set blend src to change.
but after build. this animation not display blend src.
this is code load:
auto nodeAction = CSLoader::createNode(“BigWin.csb”);
nodeAction->setZOrder(11);
_mainLayer->addChild(nodeAction);
nodeAction->setPosition(Director::getInstance()->getWinSize() / 2);
auto action = CSLoader::createTimeline(“BigWin.csb”);
action->gotoFrameAndPlay(0, false);
action->setLastFrameCallFunc( [nodeAction]()
{
nodeAction->removeFromParent();
});
nodeAction->runAction(action);
I have same problem when using tween frame.

please help me

Hi all,

I use Cocos Studio 2.3.1.1 to create Cocos project. I compile it for iOS and it’s OK. But there is error when I run compile for Android. Here is command output:

[armeabi] SharedLibrary : libcocos2dcpp.so
/Applications/Cocos/frameworks/cocos2d-x-3.7/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/prebuilt-mk/…/…/…/…/prebuilt/android/armeabi/libcocostudio.a(CCActionNode.o):function std::vector<cocos2d::Vectorcocostudio::ActionFrame*, std::allocator<cocos2d::Vectorcocostudio::ActionFrame*> >::at(unsigned int): error: undefined reference to ‘std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’
/Applications/Cocos/frameworks/cocos2d-x-3.7/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/prebuilt-mk/…/…/…/…/prebuilt/android/armeabi/libcocostudio.a(CCArmature.o):function cocostudio::Armature::drawContour(): error: undefined reference to ‘std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’
/Applications/Cocos/frameworks/cocos2d-x-3.7/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/prebuilt-mk/…/…/…/…/prebuilt/android/armeabi/libcocostudio.a(CCArmature.o):function cocostudio::Armature::init(std::string const&): error: undefined reference to ‘std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’
/Applications/Cocos/frameworks/cocos2d-x-3.7/cocos/editor-support/cocostudio/prebuilt-mk/…/…/…/…/prebuilt/android/armeabi/libcocostudio.a(CCArmatureAnimation.o):function std::vector<std::string, std::allocatorstd::string >::_M_range_check(unsigned int) const: error: undefined reference to ‘std::__throw_out_of_range_fmt(char const*, …)’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [obj/local/armeabi/libcocos2dcpp.so] Error 1

PS: I can compile Cocos projects that are created by Cocos Console for both Android and iOS. Please help me with Cocos Project that are created by Cocos Studio.

Cocos Studio 2.3.1.1.
Take out please stroke with objects in the editor. Because it is impossible to see how to put right objects on a scene. Tnx!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B31-dN5_v_JKOWstQXAxMzRLNUk/view

Just tick “Automatic frame recording”
great! thank you !

I want to use Frame Events badly but it seem the Event track has been removed from the timeline nodes in latest cocos studio 2.x version. Could anyone suggest what can I do to use them in latest version?

A previous cocos studio version:

In my version (last version) there’s no Event track.

Cheers.

Just see my post/screenshot:

Sorry to be double posting on the two threads iQD, but I want the cocos studio team to have a look at this too. Here is what is ont working for me.

Cheers

Please automatically delete the downloaded cocos framework installation package after it has finished being installed successfully. There’s no reason/need to keep it around.

$ ls -lh
total 529864
-rw-r--r--  1 gino  staff   259M Aug 22 16:00 CocosFramework-V3.7.1-Mac.pkg
gino@My-Mac-17:~/Library/Cocos/CocosStore

I see there’s an option in the Cocos->Downloads section to ‘Delete’, but I’m assuming that will uninstall the package, which is not my intent.

I simply want to free up the 259 megabyte installation package that will no longer be used by Cocos.

Please bring back the option to create only the resources part of a project using Cocos Studio. I’ve already created my cocos project via the command so I just needed to create the cocos studio project resource files, but as far as I can tell, Cocos Studio 2.3.2Beta does not allow me to just create the resources part of the project. An older version of Cocos Studio did and I think this functionality is useful and should be brought back.

@ginobean, in cocos studios 2 there are some settings to select what you want to export:

Is this what you are looking for?

Cheers.

No. That isn’t it at all.

Go into Cocos Studio 2. Create a new project. In the new project creation, there doesn’t seem to be an option to just create the project resources only. It seems to create the entire cocos2d-x source tree as part of the new project.

In this case, I’ve already created the source code part using the command line ‘cocos’ tool, so I don’t want Cocos Studio 2 to create the entire source code hierarchy for me.

Take a look at the older version Cocos Studio 2.1.5. It actually gives the user the two options:

• Empty Resource Project.
  • Empty Complete Project.

Between Cocos Studio 2.1.5 and the latest version, this feature, to create an ‘Empty Resource Project’ seems to have been removed.

Ok, Understood.

What about filling up a feature request? I need this too, at this moment I have a bash script copying the resources.

One of the things I would like to see from cs team is a change log… we really need this.

Cheers.