Cocos Studio 2 Feedback

Has someone discovered how to avoid bugs on mac os x version of cocos studio? I mean it forgets anchor points, scale etc. It’s really annoying. I reported it many times and noone gives a sh*t.

CocosStudio 2.2.1 is already here and there is absolutelly no any info about its feature AS USUAL!
It’s still really hard to find any change log for CocosStudio in English.
The only source I found was http://www.cocoachina.com/bbs/read.php?tid-283898.html
But I have to use Google Translate which gives me a terrible translation. Why do you deploy CocosStudio on www.cocos2d-x.org and do not provide any info about new releases on this site?
There are a lot of features added to CocosStudio last time. But there is no any info about how to use them!
The samples you provide are obsolete and don’t support new features at all.

3 Likes

This is Changelog from Check For Updates Item in Cocos Studio Menu:

What’s new in v2.2.1
• Introduced 3D scene editor— with modules, particle effects and cameras (Based on Cocos2d-x 3.5).
• Added support for custom controls with Lua scripting.
• A new look and feel to the Cocos Store user interface, one click to download, install and remove resources, description and comments about resources are provided.
• Added support for varying playback speed of animation in order to provide a better preview experience (Based on Cocos2d-x 3.5).
• Added support for custom data about widgets’ advanced features (Based on Cocos2d-x 3.5).
• Added support for multi-resolution, allow free adjustment to common screen resolution.
• Improved the data exported from the editor, support Cocos2d-x 3.4 Final.
• Improved the experience of creating projects by integrating New Project and Sample Project.
• Name property check on new projects in order to make sure variable names are valid.
• Modify layer size in Properties section.
• Set Pin & Sizing properties directly with numbers.
• Empty Button’s default background files to reduce file size.
• Improved .csd files synchronization.
• Improved the efficiency of opening a project.
• Fixed a bug on Mac OS X 10.10.2 that updating package could not be opened automatically.
• Fixed a bug of the extension used for SpriteSheet files.

1 Like

Hi , i download cocos studio 2.2.1 from http://www.cocos2d-x.org/filedown/CocosForWin-v2.2.1.exe and install it but i can’t login, why???
Thanks

@nite Hi, can i suggest some ideas.

I just play around with Cocostudio 2.2.1 and have some thoughts:

1. I think our developers should add something like setContentScaleFactor (base on user resolution in simulator) and Resolution Policy => this will help dev/designer to test out multi-resolution screen easily. If you can add Resolution Policy on Simulator and let it change on the fly, it will be great thing.
  2. IMHO, our devs should improve snap/align functionality, this feature is ok right now but still not enough (maybe add grid/snap to grid or snap to nine corner (center, left, topleft…)
  3. Animation feature with add new animation layer. I dont know if this is a bug or not, even i add another animation when replay it play all animation in another animation layer (like play ALL animation).
    For Ex: ani1 (sprite1 move right to left in 60 frames), ani2 (sprite2 change scale to 2x then 1x in 60 frames), ani3 (sprite3 rotate 270* in 60 frames). When playing any animation layer (ani1, ani2, ani3, ALL): all 3 sprite do their animation in 60 frames (frame 0 -> frame 60)
  4. we should add animation spritesheet to sprite node to help dev/designer customise their animations easily
  5. armature node is supported, but the tool to create it is not available T_T, we should add it back to cocostudio
  6. If our cocostudio dev have more time, adding particle editor would be a great adding value

At least pls look at 1) & 2), thanks in advance

2 Likes

I’m new to Cocos2dX and CocosStudio2, so bear with me. But I have a few years experience from Cocos2D-iPhone.

In CocosStudio2, if I drag a 2x scaled image into the canvas, it will display as too big. Ie if the pixels of the sprite is 200x200, it should appear as 100 width and 100 height in the canvas, however it appears with 200x200 size, which is too big. How can I make cocosstudio2 understand the resolution of the resource? How do we work with mmultiple resolution resources anyway in cocos studio 2???

I would REALLY like to see the return of the armature editor.

1 Like

Hi,

will we be able to set interpolation mode for animation in future version??

Hi I was wondering if there was a way to show the assets that will be cut off outside the device boarder so it’ll be easier to tell where the boarders are if you have a big background on the scene(like a sky) for multiple resolutions

1 Like

I think it would be nice to add rotation and opacity as animation timeline frames for more cool animations for your project

timeline callbacks can also be very useful

Cocos studio creators, can you look at this topic?: Cocos studio 2.2.6 very buggy on mac os

Creating a cocos studio project say at resolution 640x960 and add some basic assets to the scene. Make sure everything is centered and properly aligned. Running it on the simulator the scene is properly centered.

When I try to run it on Mac, Android, iPhone the scene isn’t centered in the viewport.

How do I handle this?

have you looked this post, you mostly change the code around Multi resolution Support for Cocos Studio 2 problem solved! :D

Thank you that seemed to have fixed thing for me.

rotation and opacity are supported in the animation editor, so is timeline callbacks. If you are not able to edit the opacity or rotation for the key frame, try enabling auto frame recording.

1 Like

V2.2.8 is out and where can I see the Changelog?

I don’t recommend you to use 2.2.8 :smiley: I installed it, published my project and all ui::Buttons disappeared. Don’t know why. Their properties (position, scale, visible, opacity etc) were ok. So I had to revert to 2.2.6.

You can see the changelog in cocos store.

It’s working here :smiley:

2.2.8 doesn’t add button images to the exported texture so they becomes hidden!
Tried to rollback and download 2.2.6 from here: http://cocos2d-x.org/download/version#Cocos
As you can see only Mac version is available in download history.