Cocos Creator v2.0 released!
After a large-scale underlying refactoring and a two-month stability iteration, Cocos Creator v2.0 is finally available. The core goals of the Cocos Creator v2.0 design were twofold:
- Significantly improve the engine performance
- Provide more advanced rendering capabilities and richer rendering customization’s
In order to accomplish this goal, we completely rewrote the underlying renderer, which structurally guarantees performance improvements and upgraded rendering capabilities. At the same time, in order to ensure that user projects can be upgraded more smoothly, we have almost no changes to the API of the component layer. Of course, these changes are not completely transparent to the user, such as the engine loading process, the event system, the streamlining and reorganization of the engine’s overall API, which will have an impact on the user-level API.
- Implemented premultiply alpha, filter mode, wrap mode configuration of Texture
- Abstract the mixed mode configuration into the RenderComponent component base class, all render components can be configured
- Camera component upgrade, as a direct rendering entry, you can configure various base rendering parameters
- With Quick Compile integration, the custom engine only needs to use the menu’s developer options -> compiler engine to compile quickly in a matter of seconds
- Open the WeChat game open data domain as a publishing platform with a separate publishing panel
- Add a new renderer based on the 3D engine
- Render component is fully upgraded
- Remove the render tree completely, assemble the render data directly and submit the render by the render component
- Streamlined cc namespace API
- Streamline Director API
- Camera component upgrade
- Start process upgrades, user scripts and plugin scripts can more easily interfere with engine initialization
- Platform-specific startup code is separated and easier to customize
- Event system optimization, distinguishing between system events dispatched by the capture bubbling mechanism on the node tree and normal events directly dispatched
- Fit Width & Fit Height is also compatible with the WeChat game platform.
- The RenderTexture resource type has been officially added to save the rendered content captured in the camera.
- Simplify TiledMap functionality to pave the way for subsequent upgrades
- Physical engine upgrade, performance optimization
Deletions and deprecations
- A large number of private and non-core APIs for v1.x have been removed or discarded. For details, please refer to the upgrade guide and deprecated