Cocos Creator v1.1.1 released!

@pococogames No C++ in Cocos Creator yet.

Cocos2d (iPhone and -x) is (or was?) the best game engine in the world but Cocos Creator, JavaScript, no c++, no support for cocos studio longer, more GUI, less performance,more 3D, I think this is Unity path and I donā€™t like it.
Cocos is better than Unity for 2D development and not because itā€™s free.
please add c++ support for Cocos Creator.

1 Like

Do you have Road Map for C++ integration?

Is there any tutorial? Im reading the documentation but a tutorial would be very helpful.

Yep, this version isnā€™t working on 10.11.2. I updated my osx to 10.11.5. Now itā€™s working.

Thanks for the info. I was excited for that :blush: I will wait c++ engine integration.

I dont see there any information about C++ :disappointed_relieved:

then what ā€œC++ engine customization workflowā€ means ?

Wow, thatā€™s a big update. Great job guys! Thank you for that collider component! It speeds up development A LOT! The Node Library looks good too. Also, I like the Engine Customization Workflow idea: That is something I loved about Cocos2d-x, so itā€™s more than welcome for me on Cocos Creator.

Iā€™ll be testing this new version this week and tell if I find any bug.

1 Like

This mean, that you can use customised c++ engine for mobile compilation, but code you should write with JavaScript

See this post, There is a demo project section.

When c++ feature come to Cocos Creator?

Yeah, any news on this?

Got it thanks!!

Hi,

Great job on the release of Cocos Creator 1.1, I think this Cocos Creator is heading in the right direction, as per my opinionā€¦However, I would like to please request, better documentation in relation to newbies like me who are new to the world of programmingā€¦Yes, we have on the site lots of documentation, some are complete, others lead to a dead link like:

http://cocos2d-x.org/docs/editors_and_tools/creator-chapters/scripting/reference/attributes/

I do think, and this is just my humble opinion, that if we could have more tutorials regarding Cocos Creator, it will open the doors to non-programmers. Yes, we have the demoā€™s ( games ), and the Javascript Primer, but this doesnā€™t explain to a non - programmer, why we implement this function like this, or the variable, etcā€¦I know that you are working hard on Cocos Creator, among other things, but maybe, have a newbie section within the site, with Cocos Creator tutorials, along with the API, etcā€¦Then once set with the newbie section, announced via Twitter, Facebook, etcā€¦ Look we have this user friendly great game engine, that even newbies can use. Just my humble opinionā€¦Thanks again for your hard work and God Blessā€¦

Sincerely,

Sunday

@luke2125

Thanks. I looked at the GitHub repo and indeed, this file is not there. I will see what I can do :slight_smile:

No c++ support and cocos studio is obsolete :frowning:

It works fine for meā€¦ But before installing a new versionā€¦ itā€™s better to remove the previos versionā€¦

@slackmoehrle
I tried the new cocos creatorā€¦ Here is my bit of feedback

1)PARTICLE EDITOR:
Gravity didnā€™t seem to impact the previewā€¦

In general, particle editor is not friendlyā€¦ May be the team can take reference from particle2dx.com which I use and is really easy to adapt toā€¦
Can we have some preloaded particle textures already present inside the cocos creator so that itā€™s easier to create particles. And also we can have pre loaded particles effects. Plz see the link, I gave.
Or else https://71squared.com/particledesigner can also be pretty decent option.

1. PHYSICS EDITOR:
    a) Thanks a ton for adding physics body collider editorā€¦ Auto tracing can be nice feature in future.
    b) Can we have gravity and physics properties to the scene?
    c) In future, can we have more property editing options likeā€¦ bounce, friction, etcā€¦
    d) See the tag value on just a bit of scrolling! Isnā€™t that too high for manual purposeā€¦!

2. I feel that editor is a bit laggyā€¦(scrolling is also lags when we scroll on the Properties Panel.)

3. VALUES DRAGGING:
    When we drag the mouse of increasing the value, can we please make like Unity has itā€¦
    (Like if youā€™re draggging to the right adn youā€™ve come to the end of right side of window then mouse will automatically start appearing from the left side of the window and your dragging will still continue)

4. Can we please remove chinese text written inside English version editorā€¦

5. MOTION STREAK:
    Clicking on this texture select highlighted Assets folder only when the first time I clicked itā€¦ not afterward. Then I realized that weā€™ve to drag and drop the texture from assets panel to hereā€¦

BUT THANKS A LOT FOR PREVIEW OPTION in motionStreak and at other placesā€¦ Itā€™s awesome and much needed

This alpha setting doesnā€™t seem to work in Motion Streakā€¦Color works though. Or wait, I think thatā€™s just the overlay over streakā€¦ so I suppose the alpha worksā€¦ but How can we have opacity to streak?

1 Like

Hi,

You are most welcomeā€¦ :grinning: God Blessā€¦

Sincerely,

Sunday