2.1.1 will be around May 1
We need one more thing -> More tutorials and more documentation
We are working on building out new content for future releases. Videos, docs, tutorials, etc. Thank you for reaching out.
I am really happy with CC 2.11 mostly because of the 3D support. Inside the roadmap I can´t figure out, if there will be any updates specific to the 3D stuff. What i like to know is:
- will there be “soft shadows” ? (currently there are only hard-shadows, i mean)
- will there be a shader-editor or can you use an other tool, for generating PBR materials ?
- is it threeJS compatible, or does it use its own 3D engine ?
Thats it for now. I hope anyone knows more about this. Thanks …
not supported currently
not supported currently
we use our own 3D engine.
Thx…yep got it. But if i know there will be plans in a future update to integrate such stuff, i would wait and use only the CC engine for 2D and 3D. Otherwise i need sometimes 3D functionality. Anyways, sounds like it isn´t clear / save that such stuff is on the CC agenda / roadmap. Hope is all i have
What is the planned release date for v2.1.2 ?
I’m planning to make a small app with 3d physics.
V2.1.2 is Probably 7-9 days from today. Estimated.
With Cocos Creator supporting 3D in the very near future. Will there be support for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality?
Clearly an wonderfully robust Cocos Creator is foreseeable.
When are we going to see a build system from the GUI? Some of us have grown used to modern CI/CD pipelines for development, and regardless of cocos-creator being itself available as either a linux native or docker image, being able to build my cocos creator games using runners is a requirement.
@ChrisBecke I’m not sure that there are plans yet to do this.
@jare did mention to me that they are planning a way to build Creator apps from a command-line with no GUI involved. Currently you do still need the GUI even if you build from a command-line.
We don’t have plans to release a Linux version or a Docker image. There are a few unofficial Docker solutions though. Please see this thread and this thread and there are a few more if you search these forums.
I’m trying to figure out from the build log if the build process does something special, or if I can just invoke browserify + whatever myself. The sprite atlas stuff makes me thing theres special stuff going on though…
We should ask @jare for the under the hood details.
would it be possible to fix some minor nuisances in 2.0.10:
- “assets” window doesn’t save the state of the tree (it used to do so in 2.0.6); maybe add a setting to “memory last state” like the node tree has?
- is it possible to use alphabetic sorting when displaying the components - through Add Component - afaik it used to work in 2.0.6? now it uses a random sorting and when you have some tens of components it’s awkard to find the one you need. maybe add another setting for how to sort the components, for instance, alphabetically, by date, by the last used, etc?
@jare can review your issues and tell us what is still possible to fix.
So… The official material system will not be available on v2.2.0?
It looks like the roadmap says 2.3. (which technically is already under development. Our engineering teams develop versions in parallel.