Cocos Creator Roadmap 2019 and beyond

With Cocos Creator supporting 3D in the very near future. Will there be support for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality?

Here is the roadmap for v2.2.0 and v2.3.0.

English:

Chinese:

1 Like

Clearly an wonderfully robust Cocos Creator is foreseeable.

I did want to ask, for the benefit of myself and many others. Should we may as well end anticipating complete c++ support in the creator? Is being able to use c++ in cocos2d-x just like how javascript is used, simply not possible any time soon?

This is an awkward area right now. We have a large community where c++ is used as well as JavaScript. I think what you can expect is JavaScript developers should use Creator. C++ developers can use the c++ plugin to export from Creator (i.e use for scene layout) but no complete c++ environment at this time. I don’t feel we have the resources to implement c++ fully at this time. I don’t see that changing soon either.

1 Like

When are we going to see a build system from the GUI? Some of us have grown used to modern CI/CD pipelines for development, and regardless of cocos-creator being itself available as either a linux native or docker image, being able to build my cocos creator games using runners is a requirement.

@ChrisBecke I’m not sure that there are plans yet to do this.

@jare did mention to me that they are planning a way to build Creator apps from a command-line with no GUI involved. Currently you do still need the GUI even if you build from a command-line.

We don’t have plans to release a Linux version or a Docker image. There are a few unofficial Docker solutions though. Please see this thread and this thread and there are a few more if you search these forums.

I’m trying to figure out from the build log if the build process does something special, or if I can just invoke browserify + whatever myself. The sprite atlas stuff makes me thing theres special stuff going on though…

We should ask @jare for the under the hood details.

would it be possible to fix some minor nuisances in 2.0.10:

• “assets” window doesn’t save the state of the tree (it used to do so in 2.0.6); maybe add a setting to “memory last state” like the node tree has?
  • is it possible to use alphabetic sorting when displaying the components - through Add Component - afaik it used to work in 2.0.6? now it uses a random sorting and when you have some tens of components it’s awkard to find the one you need. maybe add another setting for how to sort the components, for instance, alphabetically, by date, by the last used, etc?

thanks!

@jare can review your issues and tell us what is still possible to fix.

So… The official material system will not be available on v2.2.0? :frowning:

It looks like the roadmap says 2.3. (which technically is already under development. Our engineering teams develop versions in parallel.

Good day. Tell me when to wait 2.2?

1 Like

Up! Up! Up! Waiting for the answer

Waiting for what?

2.2 release date

Beginning of September.

1 Like

August 2019: Cocos Creator 2019 Roadmap (updated August 2019)