Note: Please see the latest roadmaps in the comments of this thread

Check it out

English:

Chinese:

11 Likes

Thank you @slackmoehrle :partying_face:

any dates estimation?

3 Likes

Any update for this progress, I am waiting for 3D features of v2.1.1?

I will ask the team for an update on dates. Stay tuned.

2.1.1 will be around May 1

2 Likes

We need one more thing -> More tutorials and more documentation

1 Like

We are working on building out new content for future releases. Videos, docs, tutorials, etc. Thank you for reaching out.

1 Like

I am really happy with CC 2.11 mostly because of the 3D support. Inside the roadmap I can´t figure out, if there will be any updates specific to the 3D stuff. What i like to know is:

• will there be “soft shadows” ? (currently there are only hard-shadows, i mean)
  • will there be a shader-editor or can you use an other tool, for generating PBR materials ?
  • is it threeJS compatible, or does it use its own 3D engine ?

Thats it for now. I hope anyone knows more about this. Thanks …

@sledgehammer

1. not supported currently

2. not supported currently

3. we use our own 3D engine.

Thx…yep got it. But if i know there will be plans in a future update to integrate such stuff, i would wait and use only the CC engine for 2D and 3D. Otherwise i need sometimes 3D functionality. Anyways, sounds like it isn´t clear / save that such stuff is on the CC agenda / roadmap. Hope is all i have

Hi friends!

What is the planned release date for v2.1.2 ?
I’m planning to make a small app with 3d physics.

V2.1.2 is Probably 7-9 days from today. Estimated.

2 Likes

With Cocos Creator supporting 3D in the very near future. Will there be support for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality?

Here is the roadmap for v2.2.0 and v2.3.0.

English:

Chinese:

1 Like

Clearly an wonderfully robust Cocos Creator is foreseeable.

I did want to ask, for the benefit of myself and many others. Should we may as well end anticipating complete c++ support in the creator? Is being able to use c++ in cocos2d-x just like how javascript is used, simply not possible any time soon?

This is an awkward area right now. We have a large community where c++ is used as well as JavaScript. I think what you can expect is JavaScript developers should use Creator. C++ developers can use the c++ plugin to export from Creator (i.e use for scene layout) but no complete c++ environment at this time. I don’t feel we have the resources to implement c++ fully at this time. I don’t see that changing soon either.

1 Like

When are we going to see a build system from the GUI? Some of us have grown used to modern CI/CD pipelines for development, and regardless of cocos-creator being itself available as either a linux native or docker image, being able to build my cocos creator games using runners is a requirement.

@ChrisBecke I’m not sure that there are plans yet to do this.

@jare did mention to me that they are planning a way to build Creator apps from a command-line with no GUI involved. Currently you do still need the GUI even if you build from a command-line.

We don’t have plans to release a Linux version or a Docker image. There are a few unofficial Docker solutions though. Please see this thread and this thread and there are a few more if you search these forums.

I’m trying to figure out from the build log if the build process does something special, or if I can just invoke browserify + whatever myself. The sprite atlas stuff makes me thing theres special stuff going on though…