Cocos Creator Resources - (UPDATED October 2019)

This page does not exist… see highlighted text:

The highlighted link goes to the same page the link immediately above it goes toooo…

I will check out the links that you mention and fix them.

You can deploy to a browser and iOS and Android.

You can ask any questions here and if I cannot answer them I will ask the engineering team for assistance.

1 Like

Is this truly native, or a wrapped HTML/Web app?

You can build a truly native app with Cocos Creator, yes. The conversion from JS to C++ is done by JSB (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/docs/creator/manual/en/advanced-topics/jsb/JSB2.0-learning.html)

2 Likes

Thank you @bruno1308. After reading down through as much of that link as I could… my eyes glazed over, my brain (such as it is) headed for shadows and consciousness slipped away.

What’s required (when using Cocos Creator and Javascript) to ensure a C++/Native compilation can be made for iOS?

Do I need to limit what I’m doing/using in terms of the API, or use JavaScript in a special way, or otherwise make considerations? Or can I simply use Cocos Creator and JavaScript as I please and it all “just works™”

Or Android…

But, truth be told, I don’t care about Android. :wink:

So it turns out that this “importing assets” problem only occurs when I open a project type in Cocos Creator other than an “Examples” project. Not sure why, especially when an Empty Project or Hello World would not need to import hardly any assets.

thanks in advance:grinning:

I actually have a problem with the new build. I’m following the “ Create Your First Game ” tutorial and I’m trying to find the Custom Component button,but I can’t. Is this normal or is it a bug. Please reply as soon as you can.

Have you tried clicking a node in a scene, then scrolling all the way down to the bottom of its properties panel on the right side of the screen and clicking the “Add Component” button? A menu will come up with “Add Custom Component” where you can access your scripts.

Updated with new resources.

@slackmoehrle - where do we go to view the updated resource page? Is it the link in the original post?

It is the very first post in this thread: Cocos Creator Resources - (UPDATED July 2019) We added a lot of resources.

1 Like

That’s great!

May I propose adding ‘Suggested Tools’ section?

Here are some key development tools we rely on in my studio:

1. Cocos Creator Dev Tool (Chrome extension) for browser debugging.
  2. Spector.js (Chrome extension) for WebGL debugging / inspection
  3. WebGL Inspector (Chrome extension) for WebGL inspection / optimization. NOTE: disable this extension when not using it; otherwise, it causes WebGL rendering glitches if it’s enabled but not used.
6 Likes

This is a very helpful repo, with lots of casual games. I couldn’t translate the Readme properly, can someone tell me what’s the license of these games?

Also, @slackmoehrle maybe you can include this in the helpful resources as well?

1 Like

This looks like an interesting resource. My only concern is if I include this as a resource and it goes away I have a dead link. I’ll contact the author and see if they mind that I fork this and pull updates periodically.

We wrote a tutorial about using ll of these.

I’ve created a gist for doing envmap effect.
Blog post with video of the same. [blogpost]

2 Likes