Cocos creator how to create native project (APK)

I recently read about the new cocos creator looks great but the manual well it looks like it;s not finished. So how can you create an Android Project ?
I try but always recieve this message

Error: Failed to run project. The log file path [ C:\Users\OscarLeif\.CocosCreator\logs\native.log ]
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (D:\CocosCreator\resources\app.asar\editor\core\native-utils.js:1:20977)
at ChildProcess.<anonymous> (D:\CocosCreator\resources\app.asar\editor\core\native-utils.js:1:7747)
at emitTwo (events.js:106:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:191:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:877:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:226:5)

I’m gonna read more maybe I forgot to read something.

Hi.

You should probably checkout the native.log file to see what’s the editor complaining about when building the APK.

If you haven’t done it yet, you need to do some setup before you can successfully build the APK. See
http://cocos2d-x.org/docs/editors_and_tools/creator-chapters/publish/setup-native-development/index.html

You will need to download an Android NDK, and install Android SDK (download SDK platform and Build Tools via SDK manager). Also need to download and install ANT.

Then, you will need to configure the path to these tools in your Coco Creator’s Preferences > Native Develop. Good luck!

Ya,

Make sure you have the right Android SDK and NDK, which are needed for the Android platform release.

Are you building this on a PC or Mac?

If you have downloaded sdk platform 22 and 25 with build tools and included apache ant and ndk, and still have issues, just check out the last 10 lines of native.log, and post it here, I’ll help.

Did you solve the problem?

I was able to solve it.
I’m not sure what exactly was the problem.
But I did all the recomendations from the post.
Android Studio was using the SDK build tools 26 I delete that.
For the NDK I use the version r13B and finally for the ANT path I use the version ant 1.9.6 this one hasn’t change for a long time.

I have a lot problems changing to this, it seems that this is the replacement project for Deprecated Cocos Studio looks very cool, but I found a lot stuff missing like Scene Transitions Fade In, Fade out.
I’m not sure about this.
Thanks for the Help

I hope this time they don’t switch too fast from cocos creator I have some games that used the Cocos Studio

1 Like

Hi, scene transition was taken out from Creator due to the low usage percentage.

You can check out the corresponding roadmap item and vote for it: