Cocos Creator building iOS app xCode configuration

Hi Team,

Is there any required configurations that are needed to be applied on my xCode before building the app in iOS?
I’m facing some difficulties in testing my app on my iPad even if the build was successful and the app was generated. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. Thank you,

Hi, can you be more specific on the issues? do you have a screenshot or log to share? Im not part of the dev team but maybe I can help you.

Hi, can you be more specific on the issues? do you have a screenshot or log to share? Im not part of the dev team but maybe I can help you.

Hi, I just want to ask if after I setup a developer account from apple, what would be the next steps? Do I need to update some configurations from xCode before I compile the app in cocos creator? Is there a guide that I can follow or something/ Sorry for the troubles. Thanks.

As far as I know, there are no special configurations. You just need to know how to work with Xcode.

1 Like

Thank you for that information. Do you happen to have any suggested links that I can read for Xcode? I did some googling but if you happen to have any materials that is close to cocos creator that would be super helpful. Thank you again for your time.

Hi @RoZsClive

As a developer, you would need to have set-up withing your dev account , the provisioning profiles, certificates, devices, etc… for your .app / ipa. Regarding Xcode, make sure you have up to latest installed in your computer, but be carefull with beta releases, just wait a while after it goes out of beta…Moreover, below you will find a video concerning compiling and publishing via Xcode…Hope this helps…

God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

1 Like

Hi @luke2125, thank God for your response. These are some useful information specially for a beginner like me. I really do hope that I can bother you guys from time to time if ever I encounter some issues regarding this. Thanks for the good stuffs.

God bless.

Hi @RoZsClive

No problemo…:slight_smile: If there’s anything I can do to help you, don’t be shy in asking…:slight_smile: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @RoZsClive

Here’s another involving certificates, provisioning, etc…how to set up…God Bless…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh2nnjttOwo

Hi @luke2125,

I think I’m beginning to understand how this works thanks to you. One more thing before I dive deeper into this, after I setup all the required provisions certificates etc, do I need to build from the cocos creator or from Xcode? For android I’m building the apk using cocos creator and I’m not sure if it will be the same for iOs. Once again once more, thanks in advance for your time. God bless you bro.

Hi @RoZsClive

No problemo…:slight_smile: It really depends on your preference, they way I do it is, that for IOS i go ahead and build within Cocos Creator, onced I’ve done that, I go ahead and change the ios icons within the ios folder- icons for your game, the one that gets displayed on your iphone once it’s install. After, i go ahead and open the xcode project ( game.excodeproj ), game = name of your game. Once Xcode opens up with your Project, you can build again, test your game in simulator or your iphone , then once you feel comfortable you can compile within Xcode, or go ahead and build and compile within Cocos Creator…Important: For the changing of icons, they must be changed before compiling

Folder Structure:

Build - > jsb-binary - > frameworks - > runtime - src - > proj.ios_mac - game.xcodeproj
Build - > jsb-binary - > frameworks - > runtime - src - > proj.ios_mac -> ios - > icons

Hope this helps…God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

1 Like

Hey @luke2125,

I managed to deploy my app on my iPad using Xcode since the app built on cocos creator cannot be installed on my iPad thru iTunes due to some reasons that I still don’t know. To be honest today is quite an achievement for me since I’ve been struggling with this issue for some time now. This is all thanks to you. :slight_smile:

Just one more thing, once I compiled in cocos creator, how do i install it on my iPad? Is it thru iTunes like the current way that I’m doing or is there an other way? Thanks again.

God bless.

Hi @RoZsClive

Glad, I could help…:slight_smile: The reason could be that since it’s an .app it needs to be converted to an .ipa if you are performing the archive / compiling. There’s a way in Cocos Creator, and it has to do with preview url for local network, but I’ve never done this, though, I usually do it via build - > xcode - test iphone ( build only ) …Maybe, @slackmoehrle can give us some info / instructions regarding testing an .app via the preview url for local network, for testing purposes?

Maybe this tutorial, is how you are doing it, or it can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69391Thxoeg

God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

1 Like

I always use XCode.

1 Like

Hi @luke2125,

I’ll just use XCode for now and I will try to upload my first iOs app to the store. Hopefully it will be smooth. If I have issues, I’ll definitely look for you. Thanks again.

God bless all of you.

Hi @RoZsClive

No problemo…:slight_smile: Hope it goes smooth, and ask away…:slight_smile: Also, remember that you can also submit to appstore, via Itunes - > Application Loader, but you need to convert the .app to an .ipa, which can be done via below, look at # 1:

I’m sorry if i didn’t mentioned this before, but sometimes i have brain farts:grin: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

1 Like

Hi @luke2125, sorry to bother you again.

I followed the video about uploading the app using xcode but the it was not showing on my iTunesConnect build section. Is there anything that I’ve might missed? Thank you.

Updates:

I received this email just now

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for “AppName”. To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app’s Info.plist must contain an NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Updates:

I think I found the solution. I’ll try this now.

http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/notice-itunes-app-store-submission-warning-for-admob-users/33131

Hi @RoZsClive

No bother at all…Ok, hopefully that will be the solution…Let me know, how it goes…:slight_smile: God Bless…

Sincerely,

Sunday

Hi @luke2125,

Thank God the app submission process was done and approved. Thanks for your help it was really nice.
The app is on the link below.

Apple Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eggcelsior/id1180988359?ls=1&mt=8

I just want to ask about the app size on the store. Any tricks to make the app size smaller for iOs?

Thanks again.

God bless.

Hello, there
Thank you for your guide.
I’m making a game with cocos creator, but I want to build project for IOS.
So I upload my game project on Mac cocos creator and build it, but my project received error. When I build game in xcode, project can’t play.(On windows there is no error)
Why? Please help me. Thank you for your Patiently. Bests.