Cocos Creator 1.7.2 patch released!

Cocos Creator 1.7.2 patch released!

Creator 1.7.2 brings a lot of changes! We hope you enjoy using this release.

Downloads:

Resources:

Demo Projects

The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:

• Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ‘Dark Slash’ game resources to make this tutorial.

• UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
  • Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
  • Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
  • Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.

Release Notes:

[Editor] Double-click the script on Windows prompts the user to set the script editor, to prevent the system default Host pop-up error
[CocosStudio] CocosStudio project to improve the import

• No longer add Widget components to nodes whose Position is 0%
  • Support import animation frame events
  • Fixed an issue where imported multi-layered nested animations could not be properly correlated

[Engine] Added interface to get iPhone X safe area (cc.view.getSafeAreaRect and cc.director.getSafeAreaRect)
[Engine] automatically hide native iPhone X’s home indicator

Bug Fixes

[Editor] Fixed scene editor error distribution icon
[Editor] Fixed a bug where the Property inspector might not respond after selecting the resources folder
[Editor] Repair MD5 Cache Windows will modify the user code problem
[Engine] Fix physics AABB collision callback
[Spine] Fixed a problem where spine repeatedly creates render objects when activated in debug mode
[Camera] Fix the problem that the camera is enabled when the camera is not activated on the native platform
[Engine] Repair module can not get Intersection if only Intersection is checked when clipping
[Engine] Fix ScrollView is scaled incorrectly
[Engine] Fix RenderTarget scaling problem
[Engine] Fix PageView.scrollToPage can not correctly determine the scope of the problem
[TiledMap] Fix Tilemap layer error when there is no element
[DragonBones] Fix the same name of the DragonBonesData on the Web platform, skeletal data does not load correctly at the same time
[Engine] Fixing Component.schedule may cause an error saying “element’s paused should be paused”
[Engine] Fixed mouse bubble incident related issues
[Engine] Fixed a bug where the native platform in 1.7.0 failed to call the opengl and glNode interfaces
[Engine] Fix some related issues in JSB 2.0
[Engine] Fix native platform Scheduler.isTargetPaused undefined problem in JS
[Engine] Performs the parameter types supported by jsb.reflection.callStaticMethod
[Engine] Remove SSE support under the Android platform x86 architecture in order to fix operational issues on some Android emulators
[Engine] Fixed Android compilation error when APP_PLATFORM> = 22
[Engine] Fix the problem of failing to refresh the sorting after changing the order of sub-nodes of Layout
[Engine] Fixed the problem that the resident node in the scene z order failed
[Engine] Fix the native platform ResizableBufferAdapter :: resize about the issue
[Engine] Fix the native platform socketio.emit does not pass the payload parameter caused the exception
[Engine] Fixed native XMLHttpRequest calling onerror instead of ontimeout on timeout
[Engine] fixes potential memory leak if jsb.reflection.callStaticMethod class can not find classes (jsb.reflection.callStaticMethod.)
[Engine] Solve the Android conversionEncodingJNI memory leak problem
[Engine] Solve the warning problem that Android onWavClose has no return value
[Engine] to solve the long time in the background and the Activity Activity is recovered by the system after the foreground collapse caused by the collapse
[Cocos Analytics] Fix iOS Links Cocos Analytics has a lot of deployment target mismatch warnings
[Cocos Analytics] Resolves conflicts with the Reachability class in iOS Cocos Analytics and other third-party libraries
[TiledMap] Fixed TiledMap rendering exception caused by depth detection
[Engine] Fix the web platform and check Fit Fit and Fit Width
[UI] Fixed bug related to deleting SpriteFrame used by Button
[UI] Perfect text wrapping rules
[DragonBones] fixes the problem of missing keel events

Performance Improvements

[Build] Greatly optimized native platform Enable script-encrypted script size

DEPRECATION

[Engine] Add cc.ToggleContainer component, v2.0 will replace cc.ToggleGroup. See document (EN 2 | EN)

I saw there is already Cocos Creator 1.8 released in Chinese forum. Which version should I switch to, I’m considering to upgrade from 1.6.1 to take advantage of JSB 2.0

1.7.2 is a patch release for those that don’t wish to upgrade to 1.8 yet. JSB 2.0 was part of 1.7+

Thanks @slackmoehrle I’m gonna try 1.8, for long term, still need to update to latest version. Can you recommend ndk version I should use with it

@slackmoehrle Could you provide release note, please? Sometime I want to use newest feature/ fixes but not easy to find out. For example, this release fixed a tile map’s bug and a socket’s bug which I have waited for long time.

I am using r16b for my tutorial I am working on.

I updated the post with some rough release notes. I am finding out when 1.8 is to be released as well.

2 Likes

i see my richText Autowrap bug has been fixed in this version but you didn’t list it

It was listed as [UI] Perfect text wrapping rules

1 Like

I found out that some ‘Slow motion’ do not work on Android. For example, cc.easeElasticIn () causes the node to disappear from the scene, cc.easeBounceIn () works fine.