Cocos Creator 1.7.0 released!

Cocos Creator 1.7.0 released!

Creator 1.7.0 brings a lot of changes! We hope you enjoy using this release.

Performance Improvements

• [Engine] JSB 2.0 officially launched, greatly optimizing the native platform operating efficiency. Support debugging, if you use manual bindings, be sure to bind the code to be upgraded. For more information, read the [JSB Binding and Debugging Tutorials] (https://github.com/cocos-creator/cocos2d-x-lite/blob/develop/cocos/scripting/js-bindings/docs/JSB2.0-learning-en.md)
  • [Engine] Separate culling and transform calculation steps to improve performance
  • [Engine] Fixed bug where the width of the rung would change to 0 after adding the Camera component to the node
  • [Animation] Optimize animation components
  • [Engine] Optimize native platform camera cropping performance

What Is Different

• [Editor] The plug-in script “Allow Editor Load” is disabled, the internal display is not checked
  • [Build] iPhone X Screen Resolution Support
  • [Build] Projects can now exclude un-needed modules for native engine projects. (Project Settings -> Module Config)
  • [Build] Allow native scripts to disable script encryption (support choose whether encrypt js files in builder panel)
  • [ProjectSettings] Add CocosAnalytics to the Services tab.
  • [ProjectSettings] Increase data validation when saving project settings
  • [TypeScript] Upgrade the TypeScript compiler to 2.4.2
  • [Editor] Improve the template of the new script
  • [Editor] Optimize Explorer file sorting
  • [Editor] Explorer to create a new node immediately change the file name state
  • [Console] supports setting line height and font size to change log display
  • [Engine] Give detailed hints when a user has erroneously released a resource that may still be used
  • [Engine] Support mouse event bubbling
  • [Engine] Support and WebView interoperability
  • [Engine] supports dynamic modification of cc.macro.ENABLE_CULLING
  • [Engine] Provides the native platform RenderTexture’s saveToFile interface

Downloads:

Resources:

Demo Projects

The most important source of examples is the Example Collection project template. There are also many demos to show a complete game:

• Dark Slash basic game loop demo. Special thanks to Veewo Games for authorizing us to use original ‘Dark Slash’ game resources to make this tutorial.

• UI Demos including multi-resolution supporting menu interface with cool transition animations, a backpack generated by data and prefab and a Clash Royale style navigation menu showcase.
  • Blackjack demo, collaboratively developed with Tencent Games.
  • Flappy Bird clone featuring a sheep.
  • Star Catcher demo game, in user manual we have a quick start tutorial showing how to build this game step by step.

We will keep on adding more demos and complete games as well as improving the existing ones!

Full release notes

Known Issues

• The JavaScript API binding for the native platform OpenGL was removed and 1.7.1 will be added back

Code Refactoring

• [Build] Compile jsc with the new encryption algorithm and adapt to the new binding layer interface
  • [Engine] remove the currently used particle draw mode
  • [Engine] Remove cc._drawingUtil, cc.DrawingPrimitiveCanvas, cc.DrawingPrimitiveWebGL, and cc.DrawNode from the core package
  • [Engine] Texture2D API changes prepared for new renderer
    • Add Texture2D.Filter and Texture2D.PixelFormat to replace some constants
    • Use width and height to replace pixelWidth / pixelHeight and contentSize
    • Expose loaded, width, height directly
    • Removed getName, generateMipmap, stringForFormat, bitsPerPixelForFormat
    • Removed Texture2D :: initWithImage, TextureCache :: addUIImage
    • Add update to support setting texture parameters (wrap, filter, premultiplyAlpha, mipmap)
    • Deprecated getPixelWidth, getPixelHeight, getContentSize, getContentSizeInPixels, isLoaded,
    • setTexParameters, setAntiAliasTexParameters, setAliasTexParameters
  • [Engine] Add separate macro to control texture shrink in tiled map
    • Avoid minFilter & magFilter inconsistency
    • Add CC_FIX_ARTIFACTS_BY_STRECHING_TEXEL_TMX to control texture shrink in tiled map
    • Remove premultiply alpha setting by png file detection

Breaking changes

• [Editor] Move Panel.profiles to Package.profiles, plug-in files no longer set sub-panel files
  • [Build] Package Android project requires Android Studio to upgrade to 3.0 and update Platform-Tools to 26.0.2
  • [Engine] remove cc._logToWebPage and cc._logList these two interfaces into internal implementation
  • [Engine] Remove cc. $, Cc.TextureAtlas module

Deprecated

• [Engine] Discard Texture2D.getName API, use Texture2D._glID instead
  • [Engine] Obsolete cc.inputManager module, switch to cc.systemEvent

Bug Fixes

• [Editor] fix not find marked module error
  • [Editor] Fixed part of the Windows emulator can not find the DLL problem
  • [Build] bug fix build build-template custom template file failed to add md5 bug
  • [Build] bug fixes will be reported when there is a TypeScript script in the resources directory
  • [Build] Fix binary template Use VS debug mode compiler error
  • [Engine] Fixed the issue of using grayscale in webgl mode to lose transparency
  • [Engine] fix sometime will play twice the audio on WKWebView when requires User Exception is false
  • [Engine] Fixed an issue that caused a thermal update failure if the target path contained Chinese in a hot update
  • [Engine] Stop bail out iOS UIWebView for webgl for iOS 9.
  • [Slider] Fix CCSlider’s slide API does not work correctly
  • [Engine] Fixed bug where multiple events will be registered repeatedly when the same event is registered with once
  • [RichText] Fixed a crash with RichText using custom TTF fonts
  • [EditBox] Fixed problem where calling setText method on Android may cause crashes
  • [EditBox] Fix EditBox pops up a virtual keyboard on the phone, click on a blank space, it will respond to other control problems
  • [Properties] Fixed an issue where you could not edit component properties when adding more than 10 components on one node
  • [Engine] Fixed issue where assert could be triggered when native platform WebSocket instance was GC
  • [Engine] Fixed bug where Node.removeFromParent could cause a memory leak
  • [Dashboard] Fixed a bug that prevented it from being copied and pasted on the Dashboard
  • [Engine] Fixed bug that native platform loading map might get stuck
  • [Engine] Fix bug related to DragonBones snooping event
  • [Engine] Fix the mouse event to dispatch related bugs
  • [Engine] Fixed PageView sorting disorder
  • [Physics] Fix testAABB related bugs
  • [Engine] Fix Sometimes there is no texture bound to the unit 0 error reported bug
  • [Engine] Fixed TiledMap occasionally sewn bugs (in special cases, it is necessary to manually set cc.macro.ENABLE_WEBGL_ANTIALIAS to false to be completely avoided)
  • [Engine] Fix the native platform xhr.send for errors
12 Likes

Is there any road map for cc 1.8 ??
I want to know what will be added in next version.
Thanks

Please realize that Creator 1.7 was released today, so 1.8 is not around the corner any time soon. I would say before February 2018, but may be into February 2018 depending what the team decides to implement.

You can get a general idea here: https://trello.com/b/JWVRRxMG/cocos-creator-roadmap

Yes I know ,I need to know what will added in the future because I have several game proposals that need some feature like 3d sprite , shader and … .
I have to plan for the future.

Is there also a roadmap for the plain old cpp release of cocos2d-x (without any GUI)?

Indeed, we are using GitHub milestones now: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/milestones

Edited: incorrect link before.

1 Like

Can I use CocosAnalytics for web games?
Is there any document for CocosAnalytics ?

Yes. Support html5

https://analytics.cocos.com/docs

:thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow: Grate ,this is Chinese!

哈哈, 对。我道歉.

ha ha, true. let me work on this tomorrow and see what I can do. I apologize.

Update: We have moved this repo to GitHub so we can make English versions of the docs.

Has cocosAnalytics types declaration for typescript?

Type declarations are’t exist in creator.d.ts !

But this is for 3.15…

I don’t follow…

Thank you for the release! I’m happy to see this project being active with a great new version!

Keep going! :slight_smile: :heart:

ps. Does creating a new 1.7 project benefit me in anyway compared to a project created with 1.6.2?

Yes, as mentioned in the release notes :slight_smile: JSB 2.0, and much more.

I checked link in your response " Indeed there is: https://trello.com/b/Np6obnuE/cocos2d-x-roadmap25"
And it seems like it is something old for cocos 3.15.

Oh, yes, sorry. We are using GitHub milestones now.

1 Like

I downloaded Cocos Creator 1.7.0 but I can’t even create a project. How to fix this?

Invalid project path, can only contains alphanumeric characters, - and _

what is your path?

it can only have a - z, 0 - 9 , - or ** _ **