Cocos Creator 1.11 alpha 3 released with Google Play Instant games

Howdy folks,

Google IO is am amazing event. Google and the Cocos Creator team are happy to announce that Creator 1.11 supports creating Google Play Instant games. If your game is under 10mb you can create a Google Play Instant game immediately.

We are happy to say you can try this today:
Creator 1.11 alpha 3 for Mac
Creator 1.11 alpha 3 for Win

Just a reminder that this is an alpha release. Please don’t deploy to an app store (unless you are super brave)

2 Likes

Aggressive monetization schemes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

what about C++ games?

2 Likes

Yeah I’d love to try this out on my Cocos2d-x C++ project.

@slackmoehrle are we able to update the command line cocos or something so that we can build our cpp projects to use this?

1 Like

1.11?? @slackmoehrle is that version correct? We went from 1.9 to 1.11?

Actually you can do this all in Creator and never need to launch Android Studio. Unless your workflow puts you in Android Studio. I don’t know if there are plans to bring this to C++ now or not. I assume not yet.

Correct. 1.9 to 1.11.

1 Like

I’m trying this alpha with a simple empty project but I can’t Refactor.
I’m not sure how it’s supposed to work but I imagine I should run Record and explore the game so the engine understand the part that are used and optimize the apk size. I’m doing Record and after it load I click on the button and close the simulator. What am I doing wrong?

I think you are doing everything correct.

Can you tell me what path your project is at?

It works for me, I have been testing last week and giving demos all this week. One user has already created an Android Instant game.

Let’s get this figured out for you. Can you zip and post this project so I can use exactly what you have and try on my end?

Hi,
I closed and re-open the project and I’m getting these errors:

I attached the project. The folder is “C:\Users\Gabriele\Documents”. I was thinking about spaces in the path but I don’t have any.

TestProject.zip (701.6 KB)

I also getting “Simulator: RGBA is not supported for JPG format” when I run Record:

Ok I will look later today when I get to a laptop. I am traveling home from Google IO

@jare May be able to look as well.

I have no idea, maybe the compatibility issues about the video encoder. I will ask for engineer. @zhiming_wu

Hi,
I’m keep trying to use this alpha.
I notice a couple of things:

1. I was using Cocos Creator 1.9.1 and I already have .CocosCreator under the C:\Users[Your Username]. I deleted and when I open Cocos Creator 1.11 Alpha it ask for language and even if I choose English it show everything in chinese. I manually fixed that by changing settings.json under .CocosCreator folder.
  2. I don’t see most of the previous errors now except the one when I click on Record.
  3. I’m going to try on Mac to see if it’s the same issue anyway I normally use Windows and it would be nice if it can work on it. :slight_smile:
  4. Would be possible to host the download on a different server? It take about 2-3 hours to download and with my connection should take about 10 minutes or less. :frowning:

Thanks for the feedback.

For production we will deploy this to other servers, yes.

Any news about my issue? I can’t get it working because of the record button issue. Could you help me?

@jare, can you look at this issue from a few posts above?

I will ask Zhiming for help.

I have try your project on Mac and it works. maybe it’s a bug on windows and i will try it on windows later.

It looks like I have to wait next release to try it! :slight_smile: