Cocos Creator 1.0.2 released!

@RobotMonkey There is one: http://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/c/editors-and-tools/cocos-creator

1 Like

@haxpor yes you can build for both platforms using one base code. And yes you can use SDKBOX after you build your project you can add SDKBOX to finished build.

Whatā€™s new in 1.0.2 Have the Physics system been implemented yet?

1 Like

Iā€™ll post release notes when I get them.

Is there Linux version coming?

I donā€™t believe at this time.

Hi Cocos Creator team.
I working on CC but i donā€™t found CheckBox. Do you help me solve this problem?
Thanks

Hey so I tried to download Cocos Creator v1.0.2 but itā€™s not working.

I have a Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10.5 and I originally had Cocos Creator v1.0.0
I didnā€™t download Creator v1.0.1 but when I downloaded the dmg file and clicked to install it, it would save in my applications list but then when I clicked the creator icon to open/run the program I would get this:

Anyone else get this error message?

Hi @slackmoehrle , any news about release notes?

1 Like

@slackmoehrle Should updates not merit their own thread with a change log?

This thread is gunna get unwieldy after a few more updates :stuck_out_tongue: not to mention confusing to new comers as older comments are at the top following new release information.

slackmoehrle we need ad templates like vungle or chartboost.

@slackmoehrle
@pandamicro

Are these set for next release.! :stuck_out_tongue:

Please add option to download the latest creator version from the main panel itself without opening any project! I mean, if possible to update directly from dashboard.

Also, please convert this in english.(I am using english version still this is in different language)

Kudos for the new version :smiley: :smile:

Can someone please help me on this. I installed cocos creator because I was thrilled to hear of a 2d engine in C++ with decent UI support. But my entire IDE is in CHINESE! I opened the packages but I canā€™t find where the localizations are being applied, I tried sifting through the initial JS, and I even experimented with deleting and renaming the packages in the locales directory. Can someone please help me change the IDE language to english!

Where did you download from?

I downloaded from here: http://cocos2d-x.org/filedown/CocosCreator_v1.0.2_win

Script editor is special, we need to load a very heavy third party lib to support code editing, it will be improved in future version, we want to embed directly VSCode in Creator.

We will add collider components very soon and physics components by summer

Itā€™s not a priority task, we are only focusing on Mac / Windows because the team is pretty small, we donā€™t have extra resources.

You can build to a native platform and then use SDKBOX on it.

Click in Menu ā€œę–‡ä»¶ā€ - ā€œåå„½č®¾ē½®ā€ then choose language to English

1 Like

Thank you so much, Iā€™ve spent more time than I want to admit trying to change it. Thank you! :slight_smile: b

I want my Cocos Creator project to track my own git repo of cocos2d-x. I tried creating a sym-link from /Applications/CocosCreator/ā€¦/Resources/cocos2d-x to my cocos2d-x git repo, but that had problems with the ā€œcocos newā€ command.

In a separate attempt, I also tried sym-linking the project directoryā€™s cocos2d-x after the project had been created, but that had linker errors with some undefined symbols from a physics library.

I think it would be useful to specify the cocos2d-x locationā€¦ and I notice that it IS an non-editable path in the Creator Preferences. Is it planned to make this editable soon?

Itā€™s because we use a customized version of Cocos2d-x which have some essential modifications to suit Creatorā€™s need, you can manually apply your modifications into the one we provided, later we will start using this repo for creator, you can fork it to stay updated for your customized version.

2 Likes

Great, thank you! Yesterday I configured VS Code and it works great.

Iā€™m loving Cocos Creator and I really appreciate all the Cocos team work. I wish that I could help more, but Iā€™m afraid that I donā€™t have the time and knowledge, so at least I want to test it and provide feedback. I hope that Cocos Creator and its community become bigger and better :wink:

2 Likes