Cocos code IDE V2.0.0 beta : No javascript code completion?

Does anyone know if Code IDE handles node.js?

You can install NodeJS plugin to Code IDE in Ultimate version

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try that :smile:
But…what is Ultimate version exactly?

I’m using ideaIU-14.1.4 which was downloaded yesterday.
You can click on Download Ultimate at this site

How Can I down load latest code ide on windows machine?

Code IDE is no longer being supported.
If you’re looking for suggestions, I use Brackets to develop my cocos game.

You can use Netbeans for javascript with code completion and many many more , check this:

After scouring in forums, I realized I’m not crazy for not being able to find the Cocos IDE as is indicated in the installation pages and video. Anyways, I had read somewhere that Cocos Studio is or has implemented the IDE, is this true? I looked around, but maybe I’m just missing something. Also, everyone is suggesting various options to use to code for Cocos. Are any especially geared for LUA? or just grab any ol’ editor?

Also, I downloaded the Cocos Framework and the latest Coco2D-x-3.8.1, am I suppose to just copy the newer Cocos2D-x-3.8.1 files to the framework/cocos2d-x-3.8 directory? I noticed that Templates and Tools are outside the Framework folder even though they are all within the cocos2d-x-3.8.1 directory. Makes me wonder where the newer folders (in 3.8.1), like cmake, docs and plugin are suppose to go?

Thank you

Netbeans looks good, plus there is a LUA plugin if I were to go that route. Is there any benefit of Netbeans to using Eclipse or Visual Studio exclusively?

I’m using Brackets to code my Cocos game. I’m writing it in JavaScript. It has a neat feature that lets you run your code with one click and you can see your game in action on a Chrome browser.

I still use the old Eclipse editor. I tried the new JetBrains powered IDE but it lacked both autocompletion and it also didn’t push my code to the device when I saved it. I hope the team can restore support for the Eclipse IDE as I personally found no issues with it.

Cheers,