We are very excited to release our first official development roadmap for Cocos-BCX, including all of the various components within our network. If you haven’t already we highly recommend you to read out technical whitepaper first as this will provide a lot of context into our roadmap going forward.
Below is an overview of our development roadmap for Cocos-BCX including the progress our team has made to date.
- Cocos Blockchain Expedition (Cocos-BCX) was founded
- Business model and development plan completed for CocosChain
- Released the first Cocos-BCX Technical Whitepaper
- Started development on the Cocos-BCX platform.
- Finished development on our first proof of concept, including asset trading, token settlement, and test chain running.
- Demo released at Cocos Blockchain Game Technology Conference
- Released our first product demo at the Cocos Developer Conference 2018.
- Partnership with Ontology announced.
- Partnership with HelloEOS & IMEOS announced.
- Partnership with Loom announced.
- Partnership with Kingsoft Cloud announced.
- Cocos-BCX investment into Cell Evolution announced.
- The Cocos SDK for Loom DAppChains released.
- Partnership with Nebulas announced.
- Strategic partnership with 5173.
- API developed for third party wallets.
- Completed & announced our pre-sale funding
- Partnership with NEO Game announced.
- Cocos-BCX released our first full release of our alpha testnet version including: API with Cocos Creator, publish consensus algorithm for CocosChain, and ~3 full games on our testnet)
- Cocos-BCX Beta mainnet launch
- Start development on the next phase of Cocos-BCX, creating an entire game on-chain.
- Start development on an asset exchange for gaming items.
Building a complete Blockchain Gaming Platform
To share a little more context on how all of the components of Cocos-BCX come together to build a complete blockchain gaming platform, below is a short description of our core components.
The Cocos-BCX game engine will serve as the software framework for game developers to developer their core assets (both fungible and non-fungible). Our gaming engine will have a direct API access with the Cocos Creator to open up blockchain development to a whole new set of existing game developers.
The Cocos-BCX development environment (IDE) will be visual oriented and created specifically for gaming use-cases. Our IDE will integrate with and support all blockchain systems including our own.
Cocos-BCX is also developing our own public blockchain, named CocosChain, which will be based on the Graphene framework and architected specifically for high-performance applications. CocosChain will be one of the options game developers have when deploying their blockchain based games.
Cocos-BCX Asset Exchange
In the future Cocos-BCX will also be developing a full suite of tools including our own digital asset exchange for users & developers to easily exchange digital gaming assets + integrate exchanges within their existing games. In addition to the exchange we will be building our much more infrastructure to complete a full ecosystem of blockchain game development tools.
For more detail & updates be sure to follow our all our channels to keep updated on our progress
Official website: http://www.cocosbcx.io/en/
Discourse Forums: http://discussion.cocosbcx.io/