Cocos 2d-x to Creator

Hello there, I’m new to cocos development, working currently on project written in cocos2dx.
Is there a way to somehow import that project in Cocos creator and to continue work from Creator?
And one question more, I see that whole UI was built from code, is that the usual way that cocos2dx works?
Sorry if questions are dumb :smiley:
Best Regards!

Your questions have indeed been answered many times. Please search these forums for more detailed answers. (Hint, start here)

Cocos2d-x is c++

Cocos Creator is JavaScript.

There used to be a Creator to Cocos2d-x plugin, but that is no longer a current product.

Yes, we build UI from code in Cocos2d-x. There used to be a product called Cocos Studio but it was EOL’d years ago. It is worth mentioning that it still works if you run Windows, but only with Cocos2d-x v3. Cocos Creator also has a built in Scene editor as well.

I hope you enjoy using Cocos products.

Hi @zoranigic
if your main reason for wanting to port over to creator is because of the ui building from code, maybe you can take a look at this https://github.com/fairygui/FairyGUI-cocos2dx
It’s something i’ve came across before but never really tried. But it does look like a good tool.

But if you want your game to be on html, then yes it has to be done on Creator.

1 Like