Coco Studio Extensibility

I’ve been working on a project in Cocos for a good while now. I already have spent a lot of time hand making all of the UI in my project. I’ve now found Coco Studio and it is so nice to be able to visualize and easily create a UI. My question then, is how extensibile is the UI that is made using Coco Studio? From what I can tell, it only exports a .csd binary file for the UI? Is there no way to have Coco Studio generate actual C++ code that we can then take and further customize in XCode?

Also I’ve noticed in Coco Studio a section called “Custom Widgets”. Is it possible for us to create our own custom widgets and add them to this section? If so, what would the process be? I’ve looked at other posts and seen something about “WidgetReader”, but can someone explain in simple terms how we are able to create a custom widget?

You can select any of the built-in export formats (.csb, .json, and .lua) in the “Project Settings”. It’s also possible to create a custom exporter addin in C#, but the documentation is scarce.

On custom widgets, I tried to start some discussion on cocos studio addins but didn’t get any responses. In the end I was able to create a “Custom Widget” and add custom fields to its data, but wasn’t able to get it serialising out into the the .csb. You might be able to get it working if you try with lua. Check the documentation here.

I also tried out the tutorial xiop mentioned

It is quite easy to create a new Node Object with custom properties in C# which can be edited in Cocos Studio but I didn’t manage to load it correctly in C++.
Is there anyone who can explain how to load a custom widget using C++ ? That would be great.