Coco studio cancelled?

I think the issue is that Studio was developed by another team and that team no longer exists.

What I will do is bring this as a topic in our meeting Wednesday and update you. I think the PR you are proposing is helpful but I don’t make these decisions.

I appreciate it very much, @slackmoehrle.

Let me know, whatever the final decision might be.

Will do! I’ll be in touch within 24 hours.

Seems nice cocos creator will come to C++. I’m still using cocos2d-x and cocos builder for UI stuff

I hope Cocos Creator will be a more solid and firm wager. We’re going to wait until this one will be enough mature to begin working with it.

@patriciog Can you update your PR with a test-case? We will try this in cpp-tests and if it passes we will merge it.

Of course, @slackmoehrle. I’ll update it the next week.

Thanks and best!

No problem. Let me know if I can do anything. Send me your PR once complete and I will test too. Thank you for our continued efforts to make the engine better.

Hi @slackmoehrle:

I just send two pull requests:

1. TestCase: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-x/pull/15686
  2. Used Resources: https://github.com/dumganhar/ccs-res/pull/59

Best and thanks!

Awesome. Thanks. I will check them out.

@zhangxm - These were the PR’s we talked about in our last meeting.

@patriciog Could you please fix the conflict? I have added comments in the PR.

I’ve fixed it, @zhangxm. I’m sorry.

Thanks!

@zhangxm I’ve closed the old PR and I’ve created a new PR #15714 replacing this one.

I’m sorry for the delay.

Best and thanks!

Hi, thanks for explanation. I think Cocos Creater algo need a converter to export resources and .csb files. If it would exists, i could leave cocostudio behind and work with cocos creator. When you add c++ support may be it would not be necesary. Thanks.

This line worries me too, I hope CSLoader just stays in the Cocos2d-x code for years to come if there’s a plan to remove it. Can someone confirm there’s no such plan?