Can't create a new Cocos c++ project in Cocos Studio or Code IDE

Hi. I’ve been using Cocos2d-x for a little while, and I just found out about Cocos Studio. I downloaded it along with the Cocos IDE, but when I try to create a new project in either of them, the option to create a c++ project is greyed out. Have I done something wrong, or is this feature simply not supported yet? I also have no other options for “Engine Version.”

1 Like

you need to install cocos2d-x framework which can be downloaded via cocos.

Than you can choose a engine version.

Ah. I actually saw that in the store before and considered downloading it. Don’t know why I didn’t. Thanks for solving my problem.

Hi Michael,
I have both downloaded and installed cocos framework yet I can’t create C++ project. Any suggestions?

I’m experiencing the same issue as posted above,
I’m using Win 10 with Visual Studio 2015 which installed the android sdk, python, ant, cocos/cocos studio.
I have checked and the environment variables and they all have been declared,
I have installed the 3.7.1 framework through the cocos store, I’ve installed the android ndk and I still see only “None” in Engine Version when trying to create a new c++ project

I’ve reinstalled everything including Cocos, the framework and VS for the sake of it.

if anyone can provide any assistance that would be great!

I can get version 3.5 working but the latest 3.7 or 3.7.1 won’t work and it appears that 3.6 isn’t available in the cocos store

Hi
I have the same issue with cocos 3.7.1 and although I have installed cocos framework, it is not detected in cocos studio engine section and still I can’t create c++ project.Please help me guys.

Same issue with cocos 3.7.1 and cocos 2.3.1

Has anyone make some progress in this? , I tried with 3.7.1 with no result. Can you tell me which framework version is working as linked engine in cocos studio?

Using 3.6 from the store made the engine available. Also, when I click Run with Run on Windows, the dialog box says Engine Version, and Project Language with C++ available.

Modify CocosStudio2\Framework\FrameworkVersionList.xml manually ,
for example:
My cocos version is v.2.3.2Beta
and i download coco framework 3.7.1 from cocos store.
I found FrameworkVersionList.xml do not have any description for this version
I add

<CocosStudio Version="2.3.2Beta">
    <Framework Version="cocos2d-x-3.6" />
    <Framework Version="cocos2d-x-3.7" />
    <Framework Version="cocos2d-x-3.7.1" />
  </CocosStudio>

then it work fine.

I wasn’t sure to continue this old conversation, but because it still be found by search engines, and Cocos Documentations, I decided to do it.

It’s happening something very strange, here in this old post everything looks newer than today, the Cocos Interface is full of features, the Cocos Interface I have is EMPTY, why?, (look at the image at the end of this post)

There is no menus, store, tutorials, resources, etc. etc, and I have the latest Cocos2d-x version: 3.10

I am guessing that since the Cocos Studio project has been cancelled, and all the efforts and resources are going to Cocos Creator, I suspect that they just left basic functionality in the Cocos UI, enough to keep creating projects, but the Downloads and Tutorials sections are not being supported anymore.