Can't build Android Project on MAC. getting this error: ERROR: Cannot find 'make' program. Please install Cygwin make package or define the GNUMAKE variable to point to it.

Can't build Android Project on MAC. getting this error: ERROR: Cannot find 'make' program. Please install Cygwin make package or define the GNUMAKE variable to point to it.
0.0 0

I am trying to make a new Android c++ project.

I am running the “./build_native.sh” from the terminal and this is what I get….

Marcs-Mac-mini:proj.android marcrenaud$ ./build_native.sh
NDK_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/AndroidNDK
COCOS2DX_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/cocos2d-x/idroid/proj.android/…/…
APP_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/cocos2d-x/idroid/proj.android/…
APP_ANDROID_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/cocos2d-x/idroid/proj.android
Using prebuilt externals
ERROR: Cannot find ‘make’ program. Please install Cygwin make package
or define the GNUMAKE variable to point to it.

Marcs-Mac-mini:proj.android marcrenaud$

I find this strange because I am running this on a MAC. Not in windows.

I’ve been stuck on this for a while.

More info.

I selected option 2, Android 2.2 when creating the new project.

I’m using the latest version of cocos2d-x

I’m using ndk-r7

and latest sdk

I’ve folowed all the steps to start a new project and am now trying to do the first compile using the ./build_native.sh

It seems that android build script can not find “make”.
May be you should do as it suggested, define the GNUMAKE variable to point to “make”.

Thanks Minggo Zhang for the quick reply.

I’m not even sure what “make” means. This is my first time using a Mac.

Is it the folder where the build for the NDK is?

Sorry for my igniorance.

And thanks again for your help.

I thought Cygwin was a windows application. I can’t seem to install it on a mac to resolve this.

I made the GNUMAKE variable point to the Android.mk file in cocos2dx folder and i now get a new errors. Command not found?

I then tried the Android.mk and Application.mk in the /jni/ folder of the project and I still get command not found errors.

What am i doing wrong? Which .mk file should I target?

Marcs-Mac-mini:proj.android marcrenaud$ ./build_native.sh

NDK_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/Documents/AndroidNDK
COCOS2DX_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/idroid/idroid/proj.android/…/…
APP_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/idroid/idroid/proj.android/…
APP_ANDROID_ROOT = /Users/marcrenaud/documents/workspace/idroid/idroid/proj.android
Using prebuilt externals
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 1: call: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 1: LOCAL_PATH: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 3: CLEAR_VARS: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 3: include: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 5: LOCAL_MODULE: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 7: LOCAL_MODULE_FILENAME: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 9: LOCAL_SRC_FILES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 132: LOCAL_PATH: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 132: LOCAL_PATH: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 132: LOCAL_EXPORT_C_INCLUDES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 138: LOCAL_EXPORT_LDLIBS: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 142: LOCAL_PATH: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 142: LOCAL_PATH: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 142: LOCAL_C_INCLUDES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 147: LOCAL_LDLIBS: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 152: LOCAL_WHOLE_STATIC_LIBRARIES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 153: LOCAL_WHOLE_STATIC_LIBRARIES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 154: LOCAL_WHOLE_STATIC_LIBRARIES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 155: LOCAL_WHOLE_STATIC_LIBRARIES: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 158: LOCAL_CFLAGS: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 159: LOCAL_EXPORT_CFLAGS: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 161: BUILD_STATIC_LIBRARY: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 161: include: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 163: call: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 164: call: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 165: call: command not found
/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/workspace/idroid/cocos2dx/Android.mk: line 166: call: command not found

Marcs-Mac-mini:proj.android marcrenaud$

ok got it.

It was looking for the “make” file in the AndroidNDK/prebuilt/darwin-x86/bin

so i resolved it by setting the value in the terminal:

export GNUMAKE=“/Users/marcrenaud/Documents/AndroidNDK/prebuilt/darwin-x86/bin/make”

in case someone else runs into this problem.

Hi! thank you for your sharing