Cannot signin to SdkboxPlay on android

I have a very strange situation: two projects for android, both integrated sdkbox play the same version (staging), but one of projects additionally integrated sdkbox IAP. The one, with IAP singing succesfully, but one with just sdkbox play cannot signin, giving logcat info: “W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:com.google.android.gms.auth.api.signin.GoogleSignInResult@c70b216”. What could it be? any advice will be appreciated.

1. the sign in failed log, we will output error info about the GoogleSignInResult in next version
  2. i think you can check your app info. version number, bundle id, google app id or something.

This is sound interesting - how version number can affect this? Bundle id and google app id is “double” checked already.

versionCode in build.gradle

use the jar, will show sigin failed log
e.g. sign in failed: statusCode statusMessage

PluginSdkboxPlay.jar.zip (76.4 KB)

Tried your debug jar, get those results:
W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:12502 null
W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:4 null

SIGN_IN_REQUIRED: 4
SIGN_IN_CURRENTLY_IN_PROGRESS: 12502

try startResolutionForResult when hasResolution is true, as the google document says. have a try, thanks.

PluginSdkboxPlay.jar.zip (76.7 KB)

Thanks! It looks like the problem not on my app side, it is similar to:

and started right after i’m upload update to google play. Will try to solve on google side via google console.

Solve the problem on google server console side, right by manual on my previous post!

Hi @htlxyz ,

I’m also facing the same issue and the SHA1 fix is not working for me. (For me, both SHA1 of upload certificate and app signing certificate is the same.)

I am using the latest PluginSdkboxPlay.jar.zip you have attached above.

W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:12502 null
W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:8 null

I checked the error code, it says INTERNAL_ERROR with description “An internal error occurred. Retrying should resolve the problem.”

But the problem doesn’t fix… any solution?

Btw this happened only after I updated sdkbox to the latest version. It was all working fine with the previous version.

I reverted back from v2.4.1.1 -> v2.4.0.2 and now everything works fine. It seems like this is an sdkbox issue.

Fixed in the latest version too. It turns out Google Drive API was not enabled in my app and it is needed for cloud save.

Hello,
I’m trying to integrate sdkboxplay in my project and i’m facing your error too:
I’ve followed step by step the checklist and it should be all right!
I’ve imported sdxboxplay with the sdkbox command line interface and the installation went succesful!
Any idea?

I fixed my problem only on google play side, by re-entering sha1 again. In my case, it was completely google’s fault, not sdkbox’s. If you “really” sure is sdkbox is ok, check google play console.

Hello, what do you mean with

re-entering sha1 again

Have you entered wrong the first time or it wasn’t working despite of the fact the sha1 was correct?

No. Sha1 was correct in first time, but… when i’m release update, it become corrupted somehow, despite it match symbol to symbol in google play console. It is infamous google’s bug.

do you have

<activity
            android:name="com.google.android.gms.auth.api.signin.internal.SignInHubActivity"
            android:exported="false"
            android:excludeFromRecents="true" />

in AndroidManifest.xml ?

Hello!
I did not have that activity in my manifest and after I’ve placed it the error code changes:

W/SdkboxGPGAuthentication: sign in failed:7 null

Are we getting somewhere?
Thank you
Carlo

https://developers.google.com/android/reference/com/google/android/gms/common/api/CommonStatusCodes.html#NETWORK_ERROR

can you access https://www.google.com/ with system browser?

I’m sorry, it was just a case…
I still get the same error: