C++ to Web = WebAssembly. Polling for feature request

very welcomed feature…

@ShunLin so can we expect further work into it, On trello i don’t see any promising development efforts planned for c++ engine, would like to see if some one could clear a bit of air around c++ side.

Let’s add this please! I hate js :frowning:

2 Likes

It would be awesome! I think it is a must for this engine, it makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Any news and/or tips how to use cocos2d-x with webassembly?

1 Like

In this Thread
Answering the questions about Cocos Creator, the engine and editor

walzer (Cocos2d-x Founder) wrote:

Cocos Creator 1.6 is using WebAssembly to speed up some modules, e.g. physics. WebAssembly technology allows us to compile C++ framework onto WebGL, this is quite a good news. But it’s still in its early stage. Most of Android and iOS devices doesn’t support WebAssembly yet. Once it’s mature, we can avoid maintaining the JavaScript / C++ 2 framework, but merge into one. Currently my idea is to use C++/WebAssembly as the engine core, but still using JavaScript as the first-class API interface.

Are there any updates or further thoughts on this? Because this sounds promising having maybe C++ as the second “first-class” API interface?

I think as other engines (like Unity that compiles C# to WebAssembly) use WebAssembly it becomes a major technology in the web.