Application wont run (libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile)

Hello everyone!.
I know i just posted a “warning” on the title but is the only thing i get from console when the application “start” on the BlackBerry simulator.

I am using an iMac10,1 with Momentics and the BBSimlator 10.2.0 to run Cocos2d-x 2.1.5.

The simulator run well without problem.
The Project builded OK.
The Application compile and START RUNNING on the simulator.
A black screen with the BB logo appear and stay there forever…

I followed this -> (http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/01/cocos2d-x-on-blackberry-10/) and the tutorial from the official Cocos2d-x web to import and setup Momentics.
The only thing appear when i start the game on console is “libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile”.

Thanks for reading, and please if you have any idea tell me.

I don’t think that warning is anything to do with it, as I receive the same warning and my stuff runs fine on BB10. Unfortunately it can be a bit of a minefield to get things running on the platform, and IMO it isn’t great at explaining why it won’t work. I would imagine it’s something to do with not linking the right libraries together, or having incorrect paths somewhere along the line. I’ve tripped over with those particular problems about 10,000 times since working with BB10.

Have you tried running on a real device?

Ben

Mmm , no. I dont have anny device for testing :frowning: .

May can i ask for your config on BBNDK?
Or a list of steps to get it run?

Well with the information you’ve provided I’m afraid it could be any number of things. Is there nothing else shown in the console, or simulator logs? Do the cocos2d-x tests compile and run correctly?

Ben

On debug mode i got something more , in this line inside the cocos2d-x library

if ((m_eglDisplay == EGL_NO_DISPLAY) || (m_eglSurface == EGL_NO_SURFACE) )

i got this….

warning: Could not load shared library symbols for /base/usr/lib/graphics/vmware/libHwEGL.so.
Do you need "set solib-search-path" or "set sysroot"?
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for 3 libraries, e.g. /base/usr/lib/graphics/vmware/libegl_gallium.so.
Use the "info sharedlibrary" command to see the complete listing.
warning: Could not load shared library symbols for /base/usr/lib/graphics/vmware/libHwGLESv2.so.

But i’m, thinking that will take me away from the answer to this problem…

Well that definitely looks like there’s a problem with your virtual machine integration, rather than your project file. I’ve never seen that error before though, so I’m not sure what to suggest. Do the cocos2d-x tests work correctly?

Ben

I got the same warning with you ,and did you have clear this ?

Sorry, the problems seems to be the simulator.
I borrowed a friend’s playbook that i’m using for testing. The simulator is crap, with the device, the same code and configurations of the IDE works correctly.

I dont know how to fix that…

Hello, i have the same probleme here, i’m using cocos2d-x-2.2.0 with QNX Momentics , with the latest version of NDK 10.2 also for the emulator, wheni lanch for the emulator i got this screen ( i could hear the voice of the game) if i test it on a test device the Z10 it works
it’s a big probleme for me because i can’t keep the phone all the time with me, i have to test with the emulator, so any suggestion ? and thanks :slight_smile: email me if you could help me riadh.esstt@gmail.com

Well I am seeing this in XCode 5 GM + IOS simulator.

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

but my app runs just fine.

Googleing says this error can be ignored and there is a small explanation here: http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/125612/warning-pdflatex-libpng-warning-iccp-known-incorrect-srgb-profile

Riadh Mezzi wrote:

Hello, i have the same probleme here, i’m using cocos2d-x-2.2.0 with QNX Momentics , with the latest version of NDK 10.2 also for the emulator, wheni lanch for the emulator i got this screen ( i could hear the voice of the game) if i test it on a test device the Z10 it works
it’s a big probleme for me because i can’t keep the phone all the time with me, i have to test with the emulator, so any suggestion ? and thanks :slight_smile: email me if you could help me riadh.esstt@gmail.com

getting same error and blank screen… any solutions???

In my case i couldn’t make it work on simulator, the solution was borrow a Z10.
It was a problem of drivers and hardware compatibility. The mother and the VGA requires some specific features to run visual applications on BB simulator(Listed on BB page).

hi all,
I had this problem too, and I resolved it by installed Blackberry simulator 10.0, its means that Cocos2dx 2.2 Blackberry platforms only works with Blackberry 10.0 :smiley: