Anyone got proj.win10 working?

friend, i just register to help you. I lost so much time trying to solve this errors.

In Reference ( project test.vcxproj) there is a reference to windows mobile version = 10.0.0.1. Delete it and add reference to

Windows Mobile Extensions for the UWP

sorry for my english. I speak spanish :P. Good luck friend!!

1 Like

Hi,
thank you for your help.
Do you mean these references:

<Import Project="$([Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolLocationHelper]::GetPlatformExtensionSDKLocation(`WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.10240.0`, $(TargetPlatformIdentifier), $(TargetPlatformVersion), null, $(ExtensionSDKDirectoryRoot), null))\DesignTime\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\WindowsMobile.props" Condition="exists('$([Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolLocationHelper]::GetPlatformExtensionSDKLocation(`WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.10240.0`, $(TargetPlatformIdentifier), $(TargetPlatformVersion), null, $(ExtensionSDKDirectoryRoot), null))\DesignTime\CommonConfiguration\Neutral\WindowsMobile.props')" />

I acutally have 6 of them in my file (for each library project one…).

Can you please tell me what exact string to put in instead of WindowsMobile?

Thanks

We have someone taking a look at this.

nono. In your References folder of the project ( in visual studio). Dont active the “show all” option. In your test Solution

before that. There was a reference called “Windows Mobile” and it had a warning. You have to add the one that is remarked with red

Thanks for the screenshot, I did what you said and now I can compile the ARM and x86 versions but not the x64 version. (I did all the builds in debug mode).

The error log for the x64 version:

Error	LNK1181	cannot open input file 'libogg.lib'	myTest	e:\gamedev\myTest\proj.win10\App\LINK	1	Build
Error	C2782	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &)': template parameter '_Ty' is ambiguous	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	588	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesBegin(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	253	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesBegin(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	261	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesMove(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	263	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesEnd(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	264	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesMove(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	291	Build
Error	C2664	'void cocos2d::GLView::handleTouchesEnd(int,intptr_t [],float [],float [])': cannot convert argument 2 from 'int *' to 'intptr_t []'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\platform\winrt\CCGLViewImpl-winrt.cpp	311	Build
Error	C2784	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>,_Pr)': could not deduce template argument for 'std::initializer_list<_Elem>' from 'const UINT'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	153	Build
Error	C2780	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &,_Pr)': expects 3 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	153	Build
Error	C2780	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>)': expects 1 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	153	Build
Error	C2782	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &)': template parameter '_Ty' is ambiguous	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	153	Build
Error	C2784	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>,_Pr)': could not deduce template argument for 'std::initializer_list<_Elem>' from 'const UINT'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	266	Build
Error	C2780	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &,_Pr)': expects 3 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	266	Build
Error	C2780	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>)': expects 1 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	266	Build
Error	C2782	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &)': template parameter '_Ty' is ambiguous	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	266	Build
Error	C2784	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>,_Pr)': could not deduce template argument for 'std::initializer_list<_Elem>' from 'const UINT'	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	588	Build
Error	C2780	'const _Ty &std::min(const _Ty &,const _Ty &,_Pr)': expects 3 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	588	Build
Error	C2780	'_Ty std::min(std::initializer_list<_Elem>)': expects 1 arguments - 2 provided	libcocos2d	e:\gamedev\myTest\cocos2d\cocos\audio\winrt\AudioSourceReader.cpp	588	Build

Furthermore, I cannot execute the x86 version (my Windows 10 is in developer mode), the app tries to launch and then closes with the following popup:

http://postimg.org/image/5nc8i36dd/

Did you experience any of these problems?
@slackmoehrle did someone look at this and found a solution?

Kind Regards,
m

Doesn’t seem to bother anyone that it’s not working…

Today I tried 3.8-rc0 - the “WindowsMobile, Version=10.0.0.1” issue is fixed. But still, can’t compile for 64 Bit. Also the error on starting the app, which I mentioned in the previous post remains…

Any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards,
m

We have reached out to Microsoft for help on this. Awaiting replies.

I have same errors with cocos2d 3.8.1 (Error LNK1181 cannot open input file ‘libogg.lib’…)
I did a fresh Windows 10 + Visual Studio 15 community install.
Regards,

@slackmoehrle Are there any news on these issues? Is there a temporary fix? I would really like to build for Windows Universal AppStore…

Microsoft has informed me that using v3.8.1 from source (not pre-builts) should build a working Win10 project.

I cloned the cocos2d-x repository and then switched to the v3.8.1 branch.
Then i downloaded the 3rd party deps:

python download-deps.py

after this I executed the git command:

git submodule update --init

then i ran

python setyp.py

I triple checked all my environment variables and once I was sure everything ist fine, I created a new project.

Still, I can not compile for win10 x64. With the libogg.lib not found. I figured out, that all the external dependencies do NOT have prebuilt libraries for x64.
e.g.:

d:\myCocosTest\cocos2d\external\win10-specific\OggDecoder\prebuilt\

in this directory there are only prebuilt libraries for win32 and arm but NO x64 librariers. The same is true for all other libraries.

@slackmoehrle: Did you mean this, that I have to build all external dependencies from source?

Furthermore, the Win10 Universal Desktop App is still not working, I can only deploy to the Emulator, not to the Desktop. Still the same error as mentioned 3 months ago: http://postimg.org/image/5nc8i36dd/

There is so little information around these issues that it’s really hard to figure this stuff out.

To sum the win10 Universal issues up:
32 Bit Desktop leads to an activation error
64 Bit Desktop does not build (no 64bit libraries)

32 Bit Emulator does seem to work
64 Bit Emulator does not build

Is it not to inteded to build for win10 desktop, do I miss something? Any help would be nice, especially if some of you guys got it working.

Let me see if I can have the Microsoft Engineer chime in here.

That would be great, thank you!

of course. I already e-mailed.

x64 builds are not yet supported. Use x86 for now. We are working on adding the X64 dependencies.

1 Like

Thank you for the information.
What about the x86 Desktop builds, regarding this error: http://postimg.org/image/5nc8i36dd/ ? Is there a furhter step needed that I am missing?

2 Likes

It is Feb,2016,the x64 build is still report “can not open input file “libogg.lib”” 。

When will it be fixed?

bump :frowning:

I confirm that a cocos2dx-3.17 base project works with a cocos2dx-3.15 proj.win10 generated folder.
By removing all libbullet references in the yourproject.sln and App/yourproject.vcxproj files.
And adding Box2d source files and proj.win10 file from 3.15 to 3.17 into “./external” directory.

1 Like