Animation isses in 3D

Hi, have anyone faced issues like distorted models or glitches when switching animations in 3D.
I tried playing directly and crossfade too.

Here is a screencast. At :0.23. Models distort suddenly. It happens a lot sometimes.

If anyone can share the solutions, it would be a great help.

What version of Creator are you using? Do you have a demo?

@slackmoehrle I am using 3.3, Same issue was there in 3.2. I fixed it slightly by doing this:

1. removing crossfade,
  2. using stop() just before using play() function to play the animation.

If I don’t use stop, it messes up the model sometimes.

It’s a multiplayer Spanish language game for kids. You won’t be able to replicate it, as answers need to be given quickly. I will prepare a build for the demo with a cheat code

Found these issues too in the engine :

1. Using the negative scale to flip the model, also flips the normals.
  2. Selecting Burst in particles is mostly throwing errors in the editor.
  3. Dragging (in the inspector) different inherited components into an array element of base class type doesn’t work properly for cocos version >= 3.0

Thanks for the feedback.

I am using 3.3, Same issue was there in 3.2. I fixed it slightly by doing this:

1. removing crossfade,
  2. using stop() just before using play() function to play the animation.
    If I don’t use stop, it messes up the model sometimes.
    It’s a multiplayer Spanish language game for kids. You won’t be able to replicate it, as answers need to be given quickly. I will prepare a build for the demo with a cheat code
  • You need to use stop to stop and then play.
    Also, there is a problem with crassFade, you can use your code and use some animations that are not in the official project to make some simple demos to reproduce the problem you are talking about so we can check if the problem is a bug or a usage problem, thanks.

Selecting Burst in particles is mostly throwing errors in the editor.

• When setting Burst in the particle editor, an error is reported on the editor or the count is not selected correctly on the editor, this is a bug, we will fix this issue in the latest version 3.3.1. We have already released 3.3.1 community version (Chinese forum), you can wait for the latest 3.3.1 to see this fix.
    Attached is the link to the Chinese forum community version [更新091201]Cocos Creator v3.3.1 社区版 - Creator 3.0 - Cocos中文社区

Dragging (in the inspector) different inherited components into an array element of base class type doesn’t work properly for cocos version >= 3.0

• On version 3.x, we really can’t directly drag in our own extension classes in properties at the moment, while in version 2.x this is allowed. This is mainly because in 3.x we have made a big adjustment to the engine architecture, so 3.x and 2.x may not be the same.
    This issue has been sent back to our engineers. See if subsequent versions provide support.

Using the negative scale to flip the model, also flips the normals.

• You can take a screenshot to see your settings and the error effect.

Thanks @muxiandong
I will prepare a test project with assets this week and share it here.

Hi, @muxiandong It’s weird I am not getting the same fluctuation error in different a project with the same code. I guess some issue occurred during import. Here is the cocos creator project file for simulating other issues :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUYAAOQhz96Yrs5kRLbidvn1EPto0kvB/view?usp=sharing
You can check 2 issues in the above project :

1. Try to flip the model by scaling x to -1. It will flip the normals.

2. In the latest Cocos Creator version 3.3, window.open(url, “_blank”) is no longer working in iOS safari. It is throwing an error. Maybe button callbacks are changed in the latest version. It was working in previous versions.

Thanks,

I’ll check. What version of safari are you using?

I think it is happening in all versions. I checked in safari 14. The issue is with the new Cocos Creator version. The same error is not coming in the earlier version.
I attached the screenshot of the error.