Android NDK: INTERNAL ERROR: The armeabi ABI should have exactly one architecture definitions. Found: ''

hello, I am using cocos2d-x 3.16, and then created one Hello World Project, then compile error using android studio 2.3.3. anybody have the same error?

I would definitively upgrade to 3.1 or 3.1.1

at first, I use android studio 3.1 and tell the same error, and then I back to android studiod 2.3.3, still the same error. I will try 3.1.1 later. thank u:)

I Update to android studio 3.1.2, still tell the same error.

Android NDK: INTERNAL ERROR: The armeabi ABI should have exactly one architecture definitions. Found: ‘’

Most likely, you have NDK r17 installed, which does not support armeabi anymore. Your gradle plugin is not aware of this recent change.

But even after upgrade, your build.gradle most likely lacks the abiFilters statement, and therefore your project build is slower and APK larger than necessary.

You probably only need on ABI in your APK,

android { defaultConfig { ndk {
abiFilters ‘armeabi-v7a’
} } }

this is solution. so how can I target NDK to NDKr16?

the coming cocos2d-x 3.17 version have removed out-of-date armeabi, and update NDK support to NDKr16, lots of changes about Android. ChangeLog and ReleaseNotes is in-progress, refer to this PR

When is the expected release date of cocos2d-x 3.17?

next week if things goes well.

1 Like