[Android/iOS] A Thief's Journey - Looking for Level Designers

Hey guys, i just launched “A Thief’s Journey”, a spatial puzzle game where you as the thief have to figure out the path to steal the prize in a room full of guards , lasers , spikes and a spotlight (which you naturally have to avoid)!

So , i’ve made about 40 levels (with a new puzzle element introduced every 10 levels or so) but they are , in my opinion, too few and not very complex. I was hoping you guys you could have a look at the game and help me come up with some levels and puzzle elements that could really turn up the challenge .

The game has been built using cocos2d-x v3.16 (isometric view) and is free to download on both play store and app store.
I’ll add the links to download :
App Store : ‎A Thief's Journey on the App Store
Play Store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.VRPlaying.TheHeist

Youtube Trailer : A Thief’s Journey - YouTube

Here are a few GIFs for you to have a quick look on what the game looks/feels like :
Puzzle element : Connected Bases
CONNECTED
Puzzle element : Floor Traps
skull
Winning the level
winning

Our website : www.vrplayinggames.com
I’d love to hear what you guys think.

2 Likes

Wow, this looks great and feels like it could be fun! I’ll give it a play this weekend.

How long did the game take you?

Did you do anything special to achieve the isometric view? I usually make my art simulate that view.

Hey !!!
You’re absolutely right… i made the art so that it simulates an isometric view. I didn’t mess with the camera or anything fancy :stuck_out_tongue: .
I started making it in 2015 but then dropped the whole project . last year around May i picked it back up and finished it early December . :slight_smile:
I sincerely hope you like the game !
Do let me know what you think.

1 Like

The art is very nice to look at! Is success per level measured by time, amount of moves or something else? (I can see there is a countdown timer that defines success and faliure, but is there a secondary success measurement?)