Android Build Error on 2.3.3 :hello_world:mergeDebugAssets

I have tried multiple times, but still I keep running into this error when making a build in Android studio.
Please can anyone point out what is going wrong?

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:hello_world:mergeDebugAssets’.

Could not copy file ‘A:\testB\build\jsb-link\res\import’ to ‘A:\testB\build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\property(interface org.gradle.api.file.Directory, fixed(class org.gradle.api.internal.file.DefaultFilePropertyFactory$FixedDirectory, A:\testB\build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\build\intermediates\merged_assets\debug\out))\res\import’.
Failed to create parent directory ‘A:\testB\build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\property(interface org.gradle.api.file.Directory, fixed(class org.gradle.api.internal.file.DefaultFilePropertyFactory$FixedDirectory, A:’ when creating directory ‘A:\testB\build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\property(interface org.gradle.api.file.Directory, fixed(class org.gradle.api.internal.file.DefaultFilePropertyFactory$FixedDirectory, A:\testB\build\jsb-link\frameworks\runtime-src\proj.android-studio\app\build\intermediates\merged_assets\debug\out))\res\import’

What gradle version are you using? Can you show your app level build.gradle?

@bantu24, Apology for the late reply.
I got fed up and went for a reinstall. I am very new to Android studio, the build went well when using the existing version of gradle (4.10.3) and gradle plugin (3.2.0) which comes along with the Andriod studio.

But what I found is that if I update the gradle, as recommended by Android studio to gradle (6.1.1) and gradle plugin (4.0.0), it leads to all sorts of errors.

I think you upgraded the gradle version and that is why you got that error. I got the same error when I upgraded gradle version to 5.1.1 and it was easy to fix but I don’t recommend upgrading gradle unless you really need to.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.