Android build error after upgrading to 3.3.2 from 3.2.0

Hello,

I upgraded from 3.3.2 from 3.2.0 and I’m encountering this issue on Android Studio during the initial setup of gradle after build generation from Cocos Creator

Build options

ndk version - 20.1.5948944

Please help me resolve this @slackmoehrle

Sure. I can ask engineering to have a look.

Hi, did you delete (build,native) and rebuild it?
Or execute this command to see the detailed error message.
command: gradlew compileDebugSources --stacktrace -info

1 Like

@Koei,

I deleted the build and native folder. Then reran the build. Opened the project in Android Studio and encountered the issue once again.
Then I tried gradlew compileDebugSources --stacktrace -info command in the terminal and it was throwing this error.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Installed Build Tools revision 32.0.0 is corrupted. Remove and install again using the SDK Manager.

So as suggested I removed and reinstalled 32.0.0, still I encountered the same issue.
I then removed 32.0.0 and installed 31.0.0. But for some reason when I opened the project in Android Studio for initial setup, the 32.0.0 version of the SDK was getting installed and was being used by default.

So I followed this stackoverflow thread and renamed the files named d8 to dx found in

C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\32.0.0\d8
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\build-tools\32.0.0\lib\d8

A trouble shoot video I found on Youtube to shows the procedure of the above fix

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.