Alternative to CCVideoPlayer and CCSGVideoPlayer

Hi Cocos Team, @slackmoehrle,

Currently on web platforms, CCVideoPlayer is implemented by creating a dom video element over the canvas. This posses some limitation such as unable to layers UI built using nodes on top of a video. Would like to suggest an implementation of video based on this example mozilla has given:

With this, video textures can be extracted and rendered similar to how a CCSprite, CCTexture2D animation is done. We can even apply shaders to the video this way. Please consider such implementation.

Regards,
Jake

3 Likes

Thank you. I will pass this along to the Creator team.

Hi @slackmoehrle whats the status on this? can it be done?

I don’t think so, but let us confirm with @jare

Any feedback on this? @slackmoehrle

Thanks, we will implement this feature after 2.0.

1 Like

Hello
Any update about this ?

I’m working on a game using several layers of transparent video and this functionality could be very usefull :slight_smile:

Thanks

I’ve made a topic about this too and I’ve managed to make it work

I assume that you’re asking for making the canvas over the video player.
I dont know if is a good solution but for me its working.

Hi @davidbm

Thanks for your reply.
I have seen your topic but that is not exactly what I am looking for.

I am making a game mixing sprites and transparent videos (for characters). It looks a lot like the toonstruck game
(https://www.google.com/search?q=toonstruck&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiFkeXYp6ziAhVgAGMBHV9sAnIQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=937#imgrc=WMbWek-_kuhS6M:)

Actually, all my animations are running behind the videos, but that is not enough for what I plan to do.
I need video nodes to be able to dynamically move behind or in front of other nodes, as the regular ones do.
It’s technically impossible for the canvas to draw in front of and behind the video tag at the same time.
I think that the only solution is to render video textures as explained in this topic :confused:

1 Like