AdMob working only with test ads

I am trying to integrate AdMob into my application. I am using CocosCreator to develop it. My sdkbox_config.json look like this:

{
    "ios": {
        "AdMob":{
            "test": true,
            "ads":{
                "periodic":{
                    "id":"ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712",
                    "type":"interstitial",
                    "is_designed_for_families": false
                }
            },
            "appid": "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544~3347511713"
        }
    },
    "android": {
        "AdMob":{
            "test": true,
            "ads":{
                "periodic":{
                    "id":"ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712",
                    "type":"interstitial",
                    "is_designed_for_families": false
                },
                "appid": "ca-app-pub-3940256099942544~3347511713"
            }
        }
    }
}

Using it with testing ids provided by google, the ads are shown with no problem, but when I try to use the ones from my AdMob account, they are not displayed. I checked the logs on the devices using logcat and I see that it says something like “Ad failed to load”. What are the possible reasons for this?

Please ask for any other information you would need. Thanks.

I think the issue is that AdMob does not always have an ad to return for every request. This may happen particularly if you have just registered your AdMob publisher ID, as it takes some time and multiple requests before the new ID starts returning ads.

So I just have to wait?
I want to release my application on the playstore, but I have a reward system for watching videos and I really don’t want it to be broken.

If the test ads work, I’m sure your code is ok.
So, in my case, I would release the app.

1 Like

Use 2 or more rewarded ads network at once. Like Unity, Chartboost and admob etc. The Sdkbox play is really helpful for this purpose.

If the test ads work, I’m sure your code is ok.
So, in my case, I would release the app.

tranthor’s answer is right.

No fill error:

This might be caused by no inventory available for that Ad Unit ID at that time. This is usually unrelated to your implementation if you are able to show ads with our test Ad Unit ID (Android, iOS, Unity). Sometimes this problem will be solved after you released your app and get more traffic. If you already released your app and still seeing the same error, please contact our support team.

https://support.google.com/admob/troubleshooter/9092685?hl=en#ts=9092687%2C9092786%2C9092878