Admob integration with cocos2dx

How can i integrate admob to cocos2dx version 3.17 on android, i tried using the instructions provided by google, applying them to AppActivity.java and then calling the show ad from c++, but it didn’t work and the app just crashes.

Our SDKBOX plugins can do this. sdkbox.com

I tried using sdkbox too, but it didn’t work either I found some threads that say it is because of the new directory structure of cocos2dx 3.17, is there a non sdkbox way of doing this?

I’m fixing this issue. will be fixed today.
Thanks,

But is there a non sdkbox way, if there is could you send a link to some site that describes how it is done ? Thank you for help.

sdkbox import admob --staging

What’s up with this sdkbox mania.

Could you show your code in *.java and how do you call it? I have integrated admob with cocos without sdkbox so maybe I will be able to help.

private InterstitialAd mInterstitialAd;
void initiateAd(){
    mInterstitialAd = new InterstitialAd(this);
    mInterstitialAd.setAdUnitId("ca-app-pub-3940256099942544/1033173712");
    mInterstitialAd.loadAd(new AdRequest.Builder().build());
}
void showAd(){
    if (mInterstitialAd.isLoaded()) {
        mInterstitialAd.show();
    } else {
        Log.d("TAG", "The interstitial wasn't loaded yet.");
    }

}

I have added these lines to Cocos2dxActivity.java, i call the initiateAd() method from the onCreate() method located in Cocos2dxActivity.java

the showAd() method i call with the following code located in HelloWorldScene.cpp in it’s onTouchBegan function which is called when the screen is touched:

bool Clicker::onTouchBegan(cocos2d::Touch *touch, cocos2d::Event *event){
  JniMethodInfo t;

if (JniHelper::getMethodInfo(t,
     "org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxActivity",
     "showAd",
     "()V")) {

t.env->CallVoidMethod(t.classID, t.methodID);
       t.env->DeleteLocalRef(t.classID);
   }
   log("called");

return true;

Thank you for help!

2 Likes

You are calling java UI method from cocos thread. You should call java methods in java UI thread:

void showAd() {
    this.runOnUiThread(new Runnable()  {
       @Override
       public void run()  {
           if (mInterstitialAd.isLoaded()) {
                mInterstitialAd.show();
           } else {
             Log.d("TAG", "The interstitial wasn't loaded yet.");
          }
      }
}

If your call to showAd is fine then (I guess :P) it should work now.

2 Likes

Thank you for this, it worked well. I only had to create a static method that calls the non static showAd() method and then call the static method from c++. This solution really made my day and i will share it with other people so as many people as possible can benefit from it. Thank you.

1 Like

No problem. Just keep in mind to call UI java code in UI java thread and it should be fine :wink: