[Resolved] 3.17 with Visual Studio 2013 - link & build problems

Hi,
I’m looking to start using Cocos2d-x with C++ for general app development.
I’ve installed it on a Mac without problems and the example “hello world” builds fine on that.

I’m also trying to get it working on a Windows machine (Win 7 Pro) but having stupid and annoying problems…

The cocos2d-win32 test project cpp-tests will not build - I version mismatch errors:

Error 88 error C1900: Il mismatch between ‘P1’ version ‘20130802’ and ‘P2’ version ‘20100826’ D:!Developer\cocos2d-x-3.17\cocos\2d\LINK libcocos2d

All the individual requirements are installed and each working in their own right; paths and environment variables are all set correctly as fat as I can tell, I’ve run setup.py and download-deps.

On the chance it’s a mixup between VS versions, I’ve removed every trace of anything other than VS13 and done a repair install on that.

Trying the cocos - new command, I get a link error stating libcurl cannot be found. If I manually add that as an extra file (picking the one in the cocos2d install), I get a mismatch error similar to the above.

Related to this, how do I build or rebuild the included library files? Searching shows possible utilities in older versions but I can’t see anything related to the current version.

Any help appreciated!

[I have decades of experience with C programming etc., but mostly embedded or unix/linux type systems - minimal with MS Visual stuff…]

cocos2d-x-3.17 May.21 2018
[REFINE] Windows: remove Visual Studio 2013 support

So, you have to use newer version of VS.

Doh…

That was indeed the problem - the install guide I found must have been a bit out of date, it said explicitly to use VS2013 so I uninstalled 15…

After replacing that & getting it running again, both the cpp-tests and new project compile and run fine.

Thanks!

RJ.

Nice! Please mark my answer as solution