Words In Words for iOS & Android

Hi guys,

I am happy to present this new multiplayer word game.

App Store:

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kaserna.wiwftp

How to play:
See ingame tutorial

Background:
In my family, ever since I was a kid we have been playing this simple word game with pen and paper. When we got together during Christmas 2014, I came to realize that no good version of this game existed as a mobile app.

Shortly afterwards, this insight evolved into a detailed project plan and a prototype was completed during the following spring, the first beta version by the autumn and the final product released right before Christmas 2015.

I did all the programming myself but brought in other talents to handle the graphics and audio in a professional manner.

I have been using C++ and cocos2d-x 3.9. I choose cocos2d-x since it is open source and I have been very happy with the choice. For the facebook integration I am using sdkbox.

Not so many people are playing it yet, but hopefully there will be enough people soon so that there is always someone to play against!

Congratulations. Wish you great success:)
What is it that you used as your multiplayer backend?

1 Like

Thank you very much :smile:

I couldn’t find any suitable backend, so I developed my own based on MongoDB and Redis. It handles the user accounts, the real time updates such as the chat and game data, and also some of the facebook integration.