Windows Store/WinRT support in v3.x?

I’m just starting out with developing games using Cocos2d-x. I understand that Windows Store/WinRT apps are supported in v2.x of Cocos2d, but not currently in v3.x. Is there any timeframe for when support will be available in v3.x?

Asking as I’m trying to decide which version of Cocos2d-x to start with. If anyone has any other advice regarding choosing a version, then that would be helpful.

As an aside, is there support for fullscreen desktop games (OSX/Win32) in either/both versions of Cocos2d-x?

Many thanks. :slight_smile:

@Fourjays
WP8 is already supported in v3.x though it is in initial version. And MS guys are developing it.

About fullscreen desktop games, i think you can change the design resolution to support it.
Did you want to release desktop games?

@zhangxm
Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I don’t mean WP8 but what Microsoft now call “Windows Store” apps, for tablets and desktops running Windows 8.x. My understanding is that these can be created using v2.x of Cocos2d, but not v3.x, so I’m wondering if/when support will be added to v3.x?

Yes, the games I am making are going to be primarily targeted towards tablets and desktops. I’ve looked through a few topics on these forums regards fullscreen and it seems unclear as to the level of support there is.

You can add fullscreen support to Windows pretty easily but it is not included in the framework.

Mac OS X has bugs with it so I wouldn’t say that v2.x supports full screen.

I’m curious what is stopping you from creating a Windows Store submission with v3.0?

@corytrese
I’m not yet at the point where I need to submit to the Windows Store. I’m just trying to find out whether it is possible yet or not (or if it will be), before I start coding with Cocos v3.x. All the information I can find for Cocos v3.x references WP8 only, and makes no mention of Windows 8/8.1/WinRT/Windows Store. Maybe I’m misunderstanding something, or missing the page with the info on creating a Windows Store app using Cocos2dx v3.x, but all I can find is some vague “coming soon” statements with a similar level of confusion over Win8 vs WP8, and info relevant for WP8 alone.

To be doubly clear, I’m talking Windows for desktops/tablets, not Windows Phone.
Thanks

@Fourjays Please consult the bolg:
http://msopentech.com/blog/2014/04/24/porting-cocos2d-x-games-to-windows-store-and-windows-phone/
http://msopentech.com/blog/2013/09/27/easily-port-your-cocos2d-x-game-to-windows-8-and-windows-phone-8/

@WenHai
Those blog posts are for Cocos2d-x v2.x, not v3.x. There is no “create_project.py” in v3.x. Cocos2d-x 3.x uses the “cocos” command instead, which only creates project files for iOS/OSX, Android, Linux, Win32 and WP8.

@WenHai do you have a time frame for this project? I would PM you but can’t find the function here.

It would also be good to know whether it will be pure C++ or a mix with C#. Can you elaborate? We need to use this with a current C# project so of course a mix is what we are after…

@Fourjays Ms guys are planning on doing a VS2013 WinRT/Windows Phone 8.1 universal app version of cocos2d-x v3 in June. The universal app will build for WinRT and WP8.1 at the same time from the same project.

@WenHai Thanks!

@WenHai This would be fantastic! Maybe sort out .mp3 audio as well?:wink:

June passed already know if someone is still in universal app plans in cocos2dx v3

Is there already an update from the ms guys?

October passed, no news from the MS guys? When will the VS2013 WinRT/Windows Phone 8.1 universal app version of cocos2d-x v3 be available, and where?

Thanks

Ms guys said it’s avaiable
http://msopentech.com/blog/2014/10/27/cocos2d-x-now-supporting-windows-universal-apps/
But i don’t how to make universal project, I can see proj.win8.1-universal folder in template but when i create new project it run away
I think they forget to add to cocos-project-template.json file
Anyone help?