Windows Game Contest!

I will e-mail the folks and ask them to correct the name of your game. As far as the Windows store links, I will ask however, I don’t know that this will get completed.

would be at least a cool move for the other finishers!

ok, the links have been added, everyone.

thank you very much, and thanks again for your great support on this contest @slackmoehrle

1 Like

You all are absolutely welcome.

Hello. Today is already Friday - the end of the week. But there is still no notifications for me :(. Could you answer them about approximate dates of connecting with the winners(just to be sure that’s all right)? Thank you very much! We always have quick feedback from you.

Sure, I will send the team an e-mail now.

I e-mailed the team and the reply said that Microsoft is handling contacting the winners directly. If you haven’t received a reply from them, say by mid this coming week, I have a few contacts I can e-mail to ask for guidance on this. Please let me know.

thanks to good support! I think they will contact with winners.Let’s wait :smile:

Ok, we will see. Other winners, have you received smth?

We are very surprised and disappointed by this competition.

On 26.06.2015 we made submission about the game to take part in the competition, we filled the submission form two times, because we didn’t get any confirmation email, except alert shown that application was successfully added to the contest and we have not received any response from the organizers.
Then we tried again on 29.06.2015, we decided to sent an E-mail to the address windows@cocos.com with information about the the application, to ensure that our application is added to contest and we have received no response again.

Currently looking at the finalists, we have a thought that the competition was not quite honest and our game was specifically ignored by someone because looking at the finalists, it is obvious that our game had a very high chance to win this competition because it was involved as much as possible and it has many features: cocos2d-x platform as the graphic content and complexity of the code.
In the game there are 65 levels and more than 100 items with unique movements and a lot of other things.

Game downloadable link for windows Phone: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/upperland/9nblggh2k6vp

Game Level Videos: https://goo.gl/lxvU6S

I don’t have any control of cocos@windows.com , I did answer e-mails for windows@cocos.com. I logged in and did a search and I never received any e-mail. I am very sorry for this.

I can understand your points. Every entry felt like their game deserved to win, I am sure. This is the hardest part of a contest is that there is always disappointment. I wasn’t in on the judging so I don’t know all the criteria. I can tell you, however that the size of the game, graphics and complexity of the code (you uploaded a binary, not source) were probably not factors at all. I mean, I know they were looking for game play, use of Cocos2d related technologies, etc, etc.

I looked at some of your videos and I can tell you put a lot of work into this. I hope that the game does well for you.

Best,
SlackMoehrle

Hi
I must say that i share your feelings, i don’t even know if my game was in competition or not, and i submit it one month before deadline.
It is strange that my game was not in finals at least, but this will remain a mystery…
by the way link to my game is: https://www.microsoft.com/hr-hr/store/games/mino-saga/9wzdncrd27ww

Everyone, we did have a lot of entries to judge, I know this. I’m sorry that your entries didn’t do as well as you hoped. This is one of the hardest parts of entering a contest. Every entry feels they should have won. I feel the same way about my entries into contests.

Yes I feel the exact same about my game! I don’t see how it didn’t even make the finals.
I wonder can we see all the entries and their scores?

I don’t have access to this information. Like I said, I didn’t judge any entries.

True but you have access to the people that do have access right?

I surely do and I’d be happy to ask if this information will be shared.

So next time such a contest should be judged by the consumer :wink:

It’s the consumer, that buy games, not “Judges” :smile:

I forgot to say thanks !

It must be a daunting task to deal with the organization, thanks @slackmoehrle and everyone involved.

And congratulations to the winners :smile: