Windows 10 templates in 3.17

Hi, I wondered where the windows 10 uwp templates are in version 3.17 because I could not find them. Did the cocos2dx team remove them ?

Any help appreciated,
reco

Windows 10 support was stopped a while ago. There is a way to set it up yourself. You will find the link in one of the forum posts

Uwp hasn’t been maintained in a while.

What was the reasoning for removing these templates? I’d love to see them back too. I wanted to start working on a UWP for Xbox.

I was able to hodge podge back together the templates with help from this post Windows10 and cocos2dx-3.16 where @CrazyHappyGame figured out how to do it, and @itchy72 was kind enough to post a blog post on how to upgrade both 3.16 and 3.17. Google translator helped a lot! haha.

Anyways the initial post on that thread was kind of vague, why the support was stopped and the link that was there to link to the reasoning no longer works.

I would love it if you added support back in for those templates. Seems to me win32 support is going to end at some point anyway, and win10 seems to be here for a while yet.

I would imagine it was stopped as translating OpenGL code to DirectX is a giant hack. If you are serious about writing for UWP, and want to use C++, then you should look at DirectXTK, which will ease the burden of using DirectX. However you are still a long way from the functionality provided by Cocos2d-X, which you will have to implement yourself.

If you aren’t fussed about C++ then you might consider MonoGame.