Why New tutorial-examples does not exists?

I have only find About Cocos Studio and is deprecated. Anyone can send more recents tutorials examplea?

If you want to understand how cocos studio connects the scene with the code look at the makeschool.com course. But yes, is deprecated and unfinished… but still working.

All of our projects were made with cocos studio: http://iclassicscollection.com/en/collection/

I have a good idea about it, but I’d rather keep my sarcasm to myself. :smile:

By the way, it is not entirely clear from your post if you are looking for tutorials about Android Studio or cocos2d-x or maybe Cocos Creator too.

You mad? Why? Haha
“discuss.cocos2d-x”. No more needed

I am!, who else will spend free time on this forum? :smile:
Seriously, you use cocos2d-x category, but mention Cocos Studio which belongs to Editors and Tools category. So?

p.s. I wrote Android Studio in the previous post, but I meant the Cocos Studio of course.

Cocos Studio was just an example. Maybe isn’t totally clear for you, but it is for the member up there. :wink:

Really? How many members answered you except me? Wait … 1 member recommended you the tutorial for Cocos Studio and you did not even bother to thank him.
Well this is a good start on this forum. :smile:

Poor people of makeschool.com, they are useless… no one vet will help someone who comes being toxic like that.

Where is the respect for the older people? :tired_face::tired_face::sweat::sweat::sleeping::sleepy:

P.S. I used a lot of emojis because i have a teenager soul yet.

You are not able to express your thoughts clearly, you are not able to use the engine without step by step tutorial, you are not able to respect other people. Oh, boy… you are useless.

to slackmoehrle
If you accidentally see this, then please do not delete his posts so that other members of our community can see who should not be helped.

I like your emojis, sometimes it is the shortest way to express an idea and it makes communication more fun in my opinion. :sunny:

1 Like

My friend ask about new tutorial for cocos2d-x.
He only found really old and outdated. Why there is no any new tutorials? He wants C++ for sure.

We dont really have any step by step tutorials that result in you building a finished game. Our Programmers Guide starts off with the basics.

I hope to write a whole tutorial starting soon so that our docs are more inviting to new users.

:smile:
When you say you plan to write more documentation, it sounds like a very old joke.

1 Like

I’ve actually laid out how I would add a tutorial to the end of each chapter where if the developer followed each chapter they would end with a working game.

In the last year I see only promises of new documentation, but no action other than minor corrections of typos and site layout.

My friend explained that this situation has been going on for much longer than a year.

1 Like

Our docs got better last December. So it has been a while since the last overhaul.

The issue with documentation, while it’s very useful, is that it can get out of date very quickly (applies to documentation about anything, not just Cocos2d-x).

Cocos2d-x has a test project that contains samples of almost all functionality that a game programmer would need. If you compile and run it, you can see the demo of that functionality, and once you know what it is, it takes a few seconds to find the correct source file that handles that area. Reading through source code samples is a really good way to learn.

Aside from that, great games have been made using this engine by developers who have access to the exact same documentation and resources as anyone else here, so it’s really unfair to be so negative about Cocos2d-x just because the documentation is not up-to-date. It’s always preferable to throw resources into improving a game engine and fixing bugs than to divert too much to, often redundant, documentation.

There have been a lot of posts lately with either complaints or odd questions about documentation and such, but digging deeper you may realize that those questions are coming from people who are either new to programming, or are seemingly lazy in using search functionality provided on this site (or Google), and just want things handed to them on a silver platter; basically someone else to do the work for them. It’s getting a little old, and speaking for myself, I’ve given up replying to posts that I perceive to be of that nature, especially by the same people who seem to do it over and over again.

@slackmoehrle
As I said - minor corrections of typos and site layout.

@R101
Most documentation covers basic stuff, and it can not get out of date very quickly.
Example - http://docs.cocos2d-x.org/cocos2d-x/en/actions/ - actually one of the good articles.

Programmer’s Guide has not changed for a long time, with the exception of parts related to installation and minor corrections of typos.

Another question is that there is still a huge amount of undocumented things.

Yes, yes, if you have a desire, then you will find a way. I personally use Api-Ref and source code. Of course, if there were good documentation, it would significantly speed up the work, but it is just a desire of something that cannot be obtained.

My negative here is only one - It is not the first time I have seen that Jason promises to write new documentation soon, but I dont see concrete actions yet.
Example - Simple Audio Engine vs Audio Engine, Multi Resolutions Support, …
So I do not understand if he is not going to or can not do something, why promise again and again? And most importantly, why promise to do it soon?

1 Like

Damn I guess it is claws out. Good to know.

Yeah, that is good format. Thanks for mentioning it.