Why are my game app installation is so low?

Hi,
Recently I upload a new game to IOS app store. Today I checked the installation is 9. My last games also has a low installation.
Is it a common of mobile game market? I want to improve it though as a developer.

There are something like 400,000 games in the App store
So even if all things were equal you would have a one in 400,000 chance of having your game downloaded.
Other games have reputation or advertising or cross promotion to help them. or luck.

Good luck!

Thanks for reply!
So it would be luck ? Is there a place has many ios game fans?

(Assuming you just uploaded an hoped for downloads) you need to advertise your game.

Create a Facebook page, Advertise, Do a lot of things to get your game out there. If you have local friend, get them on it to advertise as well. You can’t just sit down and upload and try to see if your game will be downloaded.

Why not post a link to your game so we can see it?

Is it free? 99 cents? more? Are your icon, screenshots, description, and title memorable/exciting/unique? Is your game easily shareable on social media?

Send a prayer to the memory of Steve Jobs that Apple notices your game and puts you in “new and noteworthy” or “what we’re playing” or some other app store list because thats your best/last/only hope now. It is very hard to get noticed in the app store. Good luck!

Have you heard about Search Engine Optimization ?
Maybe your game title, genre, theme are not popular in search engine keyword or there are a lot of competitor that use same keyword. You can promote your app in youtube, forum, social media or game event. Or join other game market like Steam. You still have much to do.
Try search your game, is it show in first page or top-ten list ?

Good Luck :smile:

Thanks for your reply.
Now I am try to do. Begin from app annie.

This is the link:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiled-quest-klotski-game-romantic/id1078126163?l=zh&ls=1&mt=8
Hope you would like it : )

Thanks for your reply:)

Its terrific - only 9 (now 10) downloads is a crime - and a testament to just how difficult it is to get downloads in the app store. The graphics are adorable and the gameplay is very clever. Stellar job Wuxiaomo!

Small issue that on my iPad the bottom controls are cut in half by the ad.

Please consider giving the option to pay to remove ads - in any game Im enjoying I almost always will pay a couple of IAP bucks to turn the ads off.

Im sorry TQK isnt getting the downloads it deserves. Here is hoping Apple notices it someday and gives it some love.

A humble suggestion I have is to rework the icon. If I was looking at a bunch of icons Im not sure Id tap on “Tiled Quest”. But if the icon was of the cute dragon/monster I might! Maybe see if you can work your characters into an icon w/o any text. Also “A romantic story of nimble quest with princess” sounds very awkward. Maybe “A romantic puzzle quest between a Prince, his Princess, a cursed sword, and a fearsome dragon!” Maybe have the option to switch genders and play as the princess (girls play games too!)

I will leave an iTunes review later.

Hi @wuxiaomo

I just registered in this forum and this is my first post. :smile:

I might still be working on my first release but I spent allot of time doing my homework and research on the subject of mobile games. I’m in this to succeed and failure is not an option(even tho I’m sure i will get plenty of it)
I thought i should share with you some of my conclusions.

Some would argue its all about luck, and even tho there is allot of luck in getting the right people to notice you, there are allot of tips and tricks all app developers need to know.

1. Best advice, do your homework.
    read up on other successful apps, compare them with games that failed, see what you can learn from it. there are many pages online on the subject of ‘what to do and what not to do’
    There are no guarantee that you will ever release something that gets successful, but you can always increase your chances by not making the misstakes others done before you.

2. People are shallow, its true in the book and movie store, and it is true in the app store.
    if you can only afford to pay for one thing in your game, pay for a good looking icon, it can make or break your game.
    if people don’t like your icon, they wont even bother to read about your game, it is sad but true.
    I find your icon a bit plain and amateurish(no offence intended), and for some reason i associate it with a hamburger(the yellow top and bottom being the bread). The icon need to ‘pop’ a bit more. I think your game looks better in general than your icon, it should be the other way around if possible.
    you might want to draw many different icons and ask groups of people what they like most.
    at the end of the day, it is not what the developer like that matters… but what his customers like.

3. Make sure all the search tags and keywords are good, if people don’t find you when they search for you, you are screwed.

4. It is a common misstake to show the meny as the first picture in app store, but nobody cares about the menu. the first thing you see should be something that make you curious about the game play.

5. some games don’t do well in pictures, and a video is always more interesting than a still picture, you should definitely record a video of you playing the game.

6. I have meet people who don’t believe in advertisement… people who argued that it is all a big hoax(seriously!)… needless to say, these people will never be successful in life.
    you should do whatever you can to make people take notice, and not just talk about your produkt on home pages for indy games(witch you should of course) but take it longer, think of ways to make your produkt stand out.
    I would spend a considerable amount of time on just marketing, and do it cleaver.
    If you are done with the coding, it should be your full time jobb to get it known to the public.

and of course, there are all the classic things, like make sure your app advice people to vote(cleverly, yet not intrusive), integrate social media, give people bonuses if they make someone else install the game… and so on.

it’s allot of hard work, and there is allot of things you can do.
In conclusion, do your homework :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

2 Likes