When will come Admob solution by SDKBOX?

Hi all. I wonder, when will come added AdMob support? Usually I and too many people use admob option as ad unit in game projects. I’m using solar system helper because of this. I would try and use sdkbox.

1 Like

Right now, it is not on the Engineering schedule. If this changes, we will say something. Our focus is to provide as many plugins as we can to help developers monetize, gain user insight, etc.

I understand you but admob very major option for ad unit. I hope this solution will add to sdkbox. Too many developer are using admob service. And if you add this solution, more developer may use sdkbox. I was waiting your good news. Thanks.

I am not saying it won’t be here someday, but progress between the companies involved is slow.

1 Like

Hmm SDKBOX need ad company developer support for this integration? Maybe some guys help for this, because if it will wait admob company support, we will wait long long time : )) I think, Google or Admob don’t care smilar request as the company. Example, they didn’t make integration support to unity or other engines.

Anyway, thanks for the brief about this.

AdMob is a major feature that is required and we have videos covering this, check them out at http://sonarsystems.co.uk/cocoshelper.php, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

@slackmoehrle Before you say I am hijacking the thread with Cocos Helper, I am just trying to help a developer that needs a feature right now.

I would say :smiley: your posts should stimulate SDKBOX team to move forward faster :smile:

BTW didn’t checked yet, but is there any instructions if Cocos helper can co-exist with SDKBOX in Android project?

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why not. Maybe someone should create a hybrid between Cocos Helper and SDKBOX, we call it Cocos Box or SDK Helper LOL :smiley:

It isn’t anything related to motivation or moving faster.

It is about partnership. We partner with these vendors. This means that integrations are tight. We work together to ensure compatibility and make sure we aren’t breaking something on either end. These partnerships and SLA’s take time.

Anyone can write a quick wrapper around functionality and put it out for everyone to use. When it breaks, are they around to fix it? Maybe, Maybe not. Maybe if it is open-sourced someone can jump in and fix issues…until the next time it breaks.

1 Like

I hope that isn’t a dig at the Helper because not only are we around to help so is the entire community plus Cocos2d-x is open source so I would recommend that you don’t mock the Open Source movement.

Not starting an argument just stating a fact, have a good day ::smiley:

@SonarSystems oh, no, not a dig by any means. I apologize if it comes off that way.

I surely don’t mock the open-source movement. I work for an open-source company that feeds my family.

There are factors one must take into consideration when using an open source product, especially a complicated one:

1. Does the person using the project have enough knowledge to modify the project or do they always have to rely on the team that builds it? There are PLENTY of users of open-source projects that would not be able to make changes themselves.

2. Does the team that puts out the project actually work on it or has it stalled out? It happens everyday that open source projects are stalled or development ceases all together. It even happens in closed-source. My point here is that anyone can put out an open-source project. It is the active community behind it that keeps it going.

However, trying to produce competition between Cocos Helper and SDKBOX isn’t productive. I was simply replying to @energyy statement that Cocos Helper already having AdMob and that it should be a motivating factor for SDKBOX. It isn’t. We don’t look at any of this as competition. We offer the plugins we do because we feel they offer the best experience for our users. We will continue to add more plugins. AdMob may be one of these at some point. At the end of the day the users will use the product that best works for them.

Well said,Viva la community :smiley: