what kind of "cocos2d-x" do i select?!

hi all,

Our company is at the beginning of creating a 2D game for IOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux devices; it is also good if we could run our game inside browsers (using new HTML5 technologies). In your idea using cocos2d-x js binding is a good selection? is it stable? anyone has published a game using jsb to the store? if not what is the best solution for us?

Hello,
That guy in this thread (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/20/topics/22872) has some projects which uses JSB successfully on iOS.
I think it’s stable enough. :slight_smile:

James Chen wrote:

Hello,
That guy in this thread (http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/20/topics/22872) has some projects which uses JSB successfully on iOS.
I think it’s stable enough. :slight_smile:

Hello James,
our company wants to start the game project as soon as possible, and our game must be compatible with Android, Windows, IOS and Mac devices, we cannot be in uncertainty about stability of the engine because the game itself have a lot of places to work on.
at all, i think it is better to use c++, what’s your suggestion?

if anyone has more experience on jsb please let me know.

thanks.

Yes, The debugger for JSB isn’t ready for use, so the debugging will be more painful. Generally, if you want to use JSB to develop your game, you can use cocos2d-html5 to finish the game logic.
Then port it to JSB. That will be faster.

And if your game doesn’t need to run on the Browser, I think choosing cocos2d-x cpp is ok. But it’s also based on whether your team is more familiar with cpp or javascript. :slight_smile:

m2 m2 wrote:

Hello James,
our company wants to start the game project as soon as possible, and our game must be compatible with Android, Windows, IOS and Mac devices, we cannot be in uncertainty about stability of the engine because the game itself have a lot of places to work on.
at all, i think it is better to use c++, what’s your suggestion?
>
if anyone has more experience on jsb please let me know.
>
thanks.

using jsb, can we port our game (while using jsb or cocos2d-html5) to windows and mac? or only for IOS and Android?
How can we port a Cocos2d-Html5 game to android or ios?

James Chen wrote:

Yes, The debugger for JSB isn’t ready for use, so the debugging will be more painful. Generally, if you want to use JSB to develop your game, you can use cocos2d-html5 to finish the game logic.
Then port it to JSB. That will be faster.
>
And if your game doesn’t need to run on the Browser, I think choosing cocos2d-x cpp is ok. But it’s also based on whether your team is more familiar with cpp or javascript. :slight_smile:
>
m2 m2 wrote:
> Hello James,
> our company wants to start the game project as soon as possible, and our game must be compatible with Android, Windows, IOS and Mac devices, we cannot be in uncertainty about stability of the engine because the game itself have a lot of places to work on.
> at all, i think it is better to use c++, what’s your suggestion?
>
> if anyone has more experience on jsb please let me know.
>
> thanks.

using jsb, can we port our game (while using jsb or cocos2d-html5) to windows and mac? or only for IOS and Android?

JSB of cocos2d-x only supports Windows, Android and iOS. To support MAC, just use cocos2d-iphone JSB, it supports MAC.

How can we port a Cocos2d-Html5 game to android or ios?

Sorry, the tutorial has not been finished.

But you could refer to the JS sample games for details.

Is there any feature in cocos2d-x that jsb cannot support? Or has a problem with that? (for using on Android, IOS and Win32 devices)
Is the javascript code that we write, same for jsb of cocos2d-x, jsb of cocos2d-iphone and cocos2d-html5 ?

James Chen wrote:

> using jsb, can we port our game (while using jsb or cocos2d-html5) to windows and mac? or only for IOS and Android?
>
JSB of cocos2d-x only supports Windows, Android and iOS. To support MAC, just use cocos2d-iphone JSB, it supports MAC.
>
> How can we port a Cocos2d-Html5 game to android or ios?
>
Sorry, the tutorial has not been finished.
>
But you could refer to the JS sample games for details.

Is there any feature in cocos2d-x that jsb cannot support? Or has a problem with that? (for using on Android, IOS and Win32 devices)
Yes, we support all the features cocos2d-iphone has. If you want to use cocos2d-x JSB for Mac, you can easily achieve that by yourself.
About how to build spidermonkey for MAC, just run one script here (https://github.com/ricardoquesada/Spidermonkey/blob/master/js/src/build-osx/build.sh).

Is the javascript code that we write, same for jsb of cocos2d-x, jsb of cocos2d-iphone and cocos2d-html5 ?
Yes, but you should notice something like constructor,

var LayerTest = cc.Layer.extend({
    _title:null,

ctor:function() {
        cc.associateWithNative( this, cc.Layer ); // This line is needed.
        this.init();
    },

and don’t use the API in browser.