What is the best IDE to develop with Cocos2D-JS in Linux?

I’m looking for a good IDE with javascript support and auto-completion to develop using Cocos2D-JS over Linux. For the moment I’m using Netbeans, but the auto-completion functionality doesn’t work to well.

Any suggestions?

I have used in the old days Netbeans, but when i discovered PHPStorm 2 years ago, i never came back to Netbeans :-).

For me PHPStorm is the best IDE.
A lot of shortcuts, good extracting/reformating code, auto-completion and many integrated features (like developing via SSH etc). For only JS i would reccomend you their similar product - WebStorm (is cheaper). It works in the same way with JS, but don’t support PHP.

The minus is it’s not OpenSource, but spent money will back quickly in the form of perfomance.

Of Course it’s WebStorm if you wright on JS. Debugger , console, virtual server - it’s really best product. PhpStorm good but it haven’t all functionality which have WebStorm exactly for JS

Great, thanks! I will give a try to webstorm, it looks really promising.

1 Like

I forgot one feature. For These IDEs is JetBrains plugin for Chrome browser. It’s allows you easy debuging app in browser just with shift+F9 click.

How was your experience using WebStorm?
Can you compare it to Cocos Code IDE?

Hello @efares. I’ve decided to use WebSorm, and the difference from coding in Cocos IDE v2.0 is huge. As IntelliJ doesn’t support JS coding, it hasn’t the autocomplite feature, doesn’t scan for errors in code and its syntax highlighting is very pure. But it has remote debugging…

In WebSorm autocompile works pretty good, but sometimes it spots the errors while the code is clean (maybe it’s because of JSB, I don’t know). I’ve noticed it only with addSpriteFrames and something else, I don’t remember.

Although, as for coding - WebStorm is very comfortable.

P.S. My experience with WebSorm is only about 1 week. Also I haven’t tried Cocos IDE v1 and don’t know how it works.

What do you mean? Both Code IDE and WebStorm support JS coding.

Everyone keeps saying that but I downloaded Code IDE and see that it does have autocomplete, error scans and live coding too which is a big plus. Does WebStorm have live coding?

Thanks for the post! I think I’ll use Code IDE for now.

I’m sorry, maybe I haven’t set up Cocos Code IDE the right way. The project launches, remote debugging works fine, but autocomplite and other features don’t work for me:

That’s strange…

What version of cocos ide do you use?

I’m using Code IDE v1.1.0 and everything is running fine on it.
@tritron
@Daishakar