Weird visual problems ONLY on 7 inch Galaxy Tab 3

I have a project running on a slightly modified C2Dx 2.2.3 and everything is generally working fine across all iOS and Android devices I’ve tested on, but I have one weird issue that is happening on the 7 inch Galaxy Tab 3 ONLY, not the Galaxy Tab 2, not Nexus 7, not Kindle Fire HD(X). I don’t have other sizes of the Galaxy Tab 3 to see if it’s happening there too.

The scenario is that the scene (it’s base layer is a CCClippingNode) contains a two CCScrollViews (one each for landscape and portrait orientations) that contain some nested sprites that contain more CCClippingNodes to crop some CCScale9Sprites of CCControlButtons. In landscape orientation, when the Director transitions to this scene, the scrollview and it’s content are all properly visible and placed, but the moment the transition ends, all but 3 (the same three each time) of the layers/sprites/buttons visually disappear, but they are still there as I can tap where a button should be and it works properly. Then they all reappear when the transition to a new scene starts. On top of that, I use this or similar code in other places in the app and it works fine, like the corresponding scrollview for portrait orientation always shows properly.

Before I really start dissecting my project to resolve this issue (hence no sample code yet), I figured I would ask if anyone else has seen anything like this, and if so what was the cause/solution?

Thanks C2Dx forum-ers!

I had problems with the Galaxy Tab 3, though not because of Cocos2d-x (one because of the OS, one because of LibVLC, both unresolved).

It’s worth noting that the Galaxy Tab 3 have a x86 chip, not an ARM one, which is not a trivial difference. There may be something that is interpreted differently because of that.

@Fradow, I think the Tab 3 7" has an ARM chip whereas the 8 & 10" have the x86 chip.

I’ve been able to nearly isolate the bug and find a work around, but not put it in to a sample project. It has something to do with the scrollview being the same width as the clippingnode, which is set by getWinSize() in a multi-resolution project. I will keep working at trying to duplicate in a sample.