Visual Studio 2010 Pro Templates

I cannot, for the life of me, get the templates installed for VS 2010 Pro on Windows 8 x64. It says the script keeps crashing. Is there a manual way to install the templates, or does someone have a template I can use? Im running cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0.

Thanks!

Please check whether the template was installed successfully. You could check it by executing `install-templates-msvc.bat` in `Common Line` and see the output.
If succeed, you should create your new project in the `solution explorer` view by Right click the `Solution`>`Add…`>`New Probject`.

Weird… seemed to install it fine from the command line. However, now the wizard gives me script errors, and the window is unreadable- pressing OK also gives script errors, and the folder where the project would have been created exists, but is empty.

Line: 19
Char: 3
Error: Invalid Argument
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Users/ryan/Documents/GitHub/cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0/template/msvc/CCAppWiz.win32/HTML/1033/default.htm

Line: 322
Char: 2
Error: The value of the property ‘setDirection’ is null or undefined, not a Function object
URL: file:///C:/Users/ryan/Documents/GitHub/cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0/template/msvc/CCAppWiz.win32/HTML/1033/default.htm

Line: 345
Char: 2
Error: The value of the property ‘OnWizFinish’ is null or undefined, not a Function object

Ooohhh found the issue in the forums- had to unblock a couple files prior to installing the templates _

…2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0\template\msvc\CCAppWiz.win32\HTML\1033\default.htm
…2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0\template\msvc\CCAppWiz.win32\HTML\1033\features.htm

Thanks for the help, James!

Could you try our latest release? I have tested win32 template on vs2010 Ultimate ( windows xp), vs2012 Ultimate(win7), vs2012 Ultimate(win8), it works fine.

That’s ok. Could you tell me the thread URL about how to resolve this issue?

Ryan K wrote:

Ooohhh found the issue in the forums- had to unblock a couple files prior to installing the templates _
>
…cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0 emplatemsvcCCAppWiz.win32HTMLC3default.htm
…cocos2d-2.1beta3-x-2.1.0 emplatemsvcCCAppWiz.win32HTMLC3eatures.htm
>
Thanks for the help, James!

Here’s where I found the unblocking fix:
http://www.cocos2d-x.org/boards/6/topics/7534

I uninstalled the template, then tried to double-click the .bat again, and it seems to work fine now. Either, way unblocking those files should certainly go into the installation wiki, as it looks like people keep struggling with it : (

Thanks again