Up to date beginner's guide and discussion forum for Cocos2d-x?

I worked a little with Cocos2d about a year ago. I made a couple of games that I never got around to finishing, but I learned a lot about game development, and I was surprised how easy everything was to do (granted, my games weren’t that complicated). The feeling I got after I first got my sprite running around and jumping was great.

I’m ready to jump back into it. I’ve got a little more time now and a little more focus. I wanted to develop my game for both iOS and Android, so I’ve made the switch to Cocos2d-x. I’m using the latest version of Xcode, 6.0.1. First I tried installing Cocos2d-x 2.2.5, but all the tutorials I was following were for earlier version using xcode templates. I tried running the create_project.py script, but when I tried to run the Hello World game I ran into something like 80+ warnings and a bunch of errors, and the game wouldn’t start.

Then I tried v3.3beta0, which worked, launched the game with 16 warnings I believe. So I went back to look for an older stable version and installed 3.2. The game launches with only two warnings. My best result so far, so I think I’ll stick with this.

I realize versions change fast, and that keeping up with that and fixing things like this is part of the game, but for someone new, this can be quite daunting.

So what are the resources and recourses for a beginner? My two warnings are from AppController.mm, ‘wantsFullScreenLayout’ is depracted, and CCActionManagerEx.cpp, an implicit conversion loses integer precision warning. Should I be worried, and what can I do about this?

Are there tutorials, guides for the latest version of Cocos2d-x and Xcode? When I run into errors and warnings, like the above, where is a good place to ask for help? Are these forums it, or is there another, better suited place?

Sorry for the length of this. I’m just getting my feet wet again and trying to get situated.

Neither warning is anything to worry about. The one warning is simply because it used a function that has been deprecated. This means that the code works, for legacy reasons, but at some point in the future may be removed. The other warning is very common, it basically means a higher precision value is being used at a lower precision level. For example, a 16 and 32 bit int can both hold the value 42.0, but the 32bit one could potentially hold say… 42.0000000000. So if you used a 32bit value where a 16bit one was expected, it truncated the precision down to the capability of the smaller data type. Because there could be loss of precision doesn’t mean there has been.

So, while not ideal, both warnings are just that, warnings.