Hello, I am new to Cocos2d-x, after trying for few days, common issues “Unfortunately … has stopped” can be resolved. Reading from online documents, it was a bit fragmented, at certain point, I have to trial and error of it, may be due to software platform and version changes.
Below were certain important points documented, running under 64bit Windows 8.1 Pro, 16GB RAM. Hopes it works for you.
How to compile Cocos2d-x TestCpp for Android via Windows Eclipse.
- Install 32bit jdk-7u51-windows-i586.exe as C:\Java
- Install 64bit cygwin-setup-x86_64.exe as C:\Cygwin64
- Install mingw-get-setup.exe as C:\MinGW
- Unzip 32bit eclipse-standard-kepler-SR1-win32.zip as C:\eclipse
- Unzip 32bit android-ndk-r9c-windows-x86.zip as C:\android-ndk-r9c
- Unzip cocos2d-x-2.2.2.zip as C:\cocos2d-x
- ANDROID_SDK_ROOT_LOCAL=C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk
- Append to “Path” with C:\Java\jre7\bin;c:\cygwin64\bin
MUST READ C:\cocos2d-x\cocos2d-x-2.2.2\samples\Cpp\TestCpp\proj.android\README.MD
To install ADT and CDT plugin into Eclipse:
ANDROID VIRTUAL DEVICE (AVD)
- Make sure you select the “Use Host GPU” option from AVD dialog as
shown as the attached AVD.JPG before Run and Debug.
AVD.jpg (114.9 KB)