Unable to load assets other than default HelloWorld assets !!

well i started using cocos2dx a week before only (that means i am n00b) and my helloworld app ran perfectly without any trouble but now i am having a big problem…

when i make any new project i can run the default helloworld thing perfectly but when i start to customize it i.e. when o try to import my own assets and all the resources and when i run the app , my assets are getting replaced by the default helloworld assets…i am unable to load anything new other than helloworld in my app and getting the error "Get data from (assets/my_bg.png) failed

NOTE : i am on win7 64 bit,andorid ndk r8b ,cocos2dx 2.0.1

Are your assets in the “Resources” folder?

thank u first for replying…i had lost all hope that anyone will atleast reply

Nope i have copied my assets in the “assets” folder of the project ??

During runtime(i.e when i try to run the app on my device(galaxy ace)) my assets are getting replaced by the deafult HelloWorld assets and i get a warning
“Get data from (assets/my_bg.png) falied!
i can see during runtime that whole asset folder is recreated with the defualt helloworld assets and my assets get replaced
Also there is no”Resources" folder there is “res” folder…but nope i dont have my assets in “res” folder

Put your files in the “Resources” folder not the “proj.android/Assets” folder. Then in Eclipse right click the Assets folder in your project and do a refresh, that will copy the new contents from your “Resources” folder into the “proj.android/assets” folder.

I know, its confusing!

Also there is no “Resources” folder there is “res” folder…but nope i dont have my assets in “res” folder

See the HelloCpp samples Resources folder here:
“cocos2d-2.1rc0-x-2.1.2/samples/Cpp/HelloCpp/Resources”

thanks a lot mate…it did the trick
but its not included when you rt-click and refresh it but when you “make” the project

am i thinking right that you need to put assets in resources folder so that when the project is “made” it will automatically be included ??

Oh yeah, the right click refresh does nothing! Oh well, at least you now know what is going on, glad it worked.

am i thinking right that you need to put assets in resources folder so that when the project is “made” it will automatically be included ??

Yep. Strange isn’t it?!?

yup very strange…but thats how cpp/c works i suppose…u need to “build” things up

This is just a thought (and i am still a n00b infront of cocos team but just thought giving my suggestion):

Java is the language in which Android works and Java has its own jvm which dynamically does the build up process.
The Cocos2dx team has done a great job by getting a port for java in the engine.
But while developing you will not get the usual code hints/completion in eclipse.I think when this thing is made possible then the cocos2dx will be a complete product giving developers a faster process of debuging/writing/arranging their code

For that i think they might need to look(and who knows they might had seen) into capabilities of Code::Blocks which is an excellent and a very light environment for c/cpp files
you might be saying this is what eclipse does but the difference is eclipse was made for/in the Java thing and is very bulky when compared to CB.

Also a new plugin for CB which uses

1)NDK
2)SDK
3)Cygwin(for windows)
4)JRE/JVM

made for the cocos2dx port might do the trick

NDK/SDK might be a bit complicated to integrate in CB but who knows one might find a way around