Unable to create a new cocos js project

Hello, i’m new to cocos and i’m very excited to start programming with it but i’ve encountered a problem that prevents me to create new projects in the cocos code ide.

When i select new - cocos javascript project it doesn’t happen anything and in the console appears this “Read json file null failed, the reason is:null” and in the error log shows this: “unhandled event loop exception in the org.eclipse.ui plugin”

I’ve been searching everywhere for a solution and find nothing. Already tried to uninstall and install several times and in the only time that i’ve come close to a solution and could create a project, the new project wizard was appearing blank so i couldn’t see any of the options to, for example, choose the name of my project.

I already have installed java jdk 64 bits, python 2.7.9, android sdk and ndk 9d, ant and i’ve the downloaded cocosjs 3.2 and everything is set in the preferences like in the tutorial.
I’m trying to run cocos code ide x64 in my windows 8.1 x64.

If someone could help me it would be awesome, i’m really looking forward to start developing some games with cocos js and cocos ide.

Thank you

Well it appears that i can create a project but before i create, i must close the cocos javascript perspective in the cocos code ide and then i it works but the new project wizard is not showing anything so the only thing i can do is click next next and then finish and wait for my project to be created with the default settings. I assume that there must be a problem in the cocos javascript perspective in the ide.

I hope that this helps someone that as the same problem as i and i hope that the cocos team could fix this in the next version of cocos code ide. Meanwhile if anyone knows what is causing this and could help me i will be much appreciated.

Switching it from framework mode to engine mode in that section of Preferences window fixed this for me. Found on the Chinese forums.

Now only if I could figure out how to get it to add the project folder I created from the console for JS 3.2 this time around. Is there a difference between that and new project from the IDE ?

1 Like

I’ve also tried to create in the console so i could import to the ide, but the ide doesnt recognize as a cocos js project so i assume that the projects structures are diferent or something like that.

This fixed the problem, thank you Poponfu! :smile:

Maybe this should be mentioned in the tutorials of how to set up cocos ide, so begginers wont have the same problem as me.