Tutorial scenario for several levels

I have a level-based game.

My hierarchy is (from the top the bottom)

Control2 and Control3 (swallows all the touches that are inside its bounding box)
Control1 (swallows all the touches that is not over control2 and control3)
Level (is controled by control1 and control2)
LevelScene

In first 6-7 levels i want to guide a user through gameplay, becuase it is a little bit complicated.
Maybe I want to highlight control2 for example and add the label that says “Push this!”

I want it to be like pop-up hints, just like ones in Cut the Rope (where the index finger shows how to cut the rope), but sometimes i maybe want a sequence, so i show a user how and what to do, and when he does it, i’ll follow process with another hint.

I need that to be based on my levelscene, because in the end it is an ordinary levels, which just needs a little of hinting.

What is the best technique would be to do that? I don’t want to create 6-7 subclasses and implement completely new logic for that. Or there is no other way to do it?

Here’s what I did:

I have an entity called ‘EventTriggerEntity’. It has no visible presence, but it does have a physics body with a Sensor (and nothing else).

If I want something to happen when the player character enters an area, I detect it as a collision with teh EventTriggerEntity.

the event trigger instance then performs whatever its function it (display a message, animate an icon etc.)

Hey! Thanks for answer. I have no character in my game but thats something I do have an idea how to implement. What I dont know is to how to do that diffrent thing you’re talking about. Like highlighting ui elements, showing hints etc

I just use labels for the hints - play around with them and see if they will do what you want.